FAA Acquisition Management System Clauses Change 11 – April 1999
This document transmits revisions, additions, and deletions to FAA Acquisition Management System clauses and provisions. Unless otherwise specified, these changes are effective April 1, 1999 and apply to all screening information requests and contracts issued after April 1, 1999. Revised or added clauses and provisions are denoted by April 1999 in the title of the clause or provision.
A. CLAUSES REVISED The following summarize clause revisions: None B. CLAUSES ADDED The following clauses are added:
1. 3.11-1, Commercial bill of Lading Notations is added when the Contracting Officer authorizes supplies to be shipped on a commerical bill of lading and the Contractor will be reimbursed these transportation costs as direct allowable costs. 2. 3.11-2, Permits, Authorities, or Franchises is added to disclose if the offeror does or does not hold authorization from the Federal Highway Administration or other cognizant regulatory body. 3. 3.11-3, Capability to Perform a Contract for the Relocation of a Federal Office is added cover specific guidelines for the Contractor for the relocation of a Federal office. 4. Alternate I is added to cover specific guidelines for the Contractor during an interstate move only.
5. 3.11-4, Inspection of Shipping and Receiving Facilities provides for the offeror to inspect the shipping and receiving facilities where services are to be performed. 6. 3.11-5, Reserved.
7. 3.11-6, Financial Statement provides for, upon request of the offeror, to furnish the Government with a current certified statement of the offeror’s financial condition. 8. 3.11-7, Freight Excluded is added for shipments excluded from the scope of the contract that can be more advantageously or economically moved via specialized carrier. 9. 3.11-8, Estimated Weights or Quantities Not Guaranteed is added for shipments where the estimated weights or quantities are not a guarantee of actual weights or quantities. 10. 3.11-9, Agreed Weight—General Freight is added when the shipping activity determines the weight of each shipment and the Contract accepts as the agreed weight. 11. 3.11-10, Net Weight—General Freight is added when the net weight of the shipment is determined by deducting the tare weight of the vehicle from the gross weight of the vehicle when shipping general freight. 12. 3.11-11, Net Weight—Household goods or Office Furniture is added when net weight of the shipment is determined by deducting the tare weight of the vehicle from the gross weight of the vehicle when shipping household goods or office furniture. 13. 3.11-12, Supervision, Labor, or Materials requires the Contractor to furnish adequate supervision, labor, materials, supplies, and equipment necessary to perform all the services contemplated under the contract. 14. 3.11-13, Accessorial Services—Moving Contracts is added to cover the Contractor’s responsibilities for accessorial services of household goods moves.
15. 3.11-14, Contractor Responsibility for Receipt of Shipment is added to cover the Contractor’s responsibilities for receipt of shipments. 16. 3.11-15, Contractor Responsibility for Loading and Unloading is added to cover the Contractor’s responsibilities for loading and unloading of shipments. 17. 3.11-16, Contractor Responsibility for Returning Undelivered Freight is added to cover the Contractor’s responsibilities returning undelivered freight. 18. 3.11-17, Charges is added to specify that in no event shall charges under the contract be in excess of charges based on the Contractor’s lowest rate available to the general public. 19. 3.11-18, Multiple Shipments is added to specify rates when multiple shipments are tendered at one time from one origin to multiple consignees at the same destination. 20. 3.11-19, Stopping in Transit for Partial Unloading is added to specify the rates when multiple shipments are tendered at one time for movement from one origin to two or more consignees along the route between the origin and the last destination. 21. 3.11-20, Estimated Quantities or Weights for Evaluation of Offers is added for evaluating offers using estimated quantities or weights. 22. 3.11-21, Contractor Liability for Personal Injury and/or Property Damage is added to specify the responsibilities and liability, when moving household goods of the Contractor or the Contractor’s employees and agents for personal injury and/or property damage. 23. 3.11-22, Contractor Liability for Loss of and/or Damage to Freight Other than Household Goods is added to specify the Contractor’s liability for loss of and/or damage to freight. 24. 3.11-23, Contractor Liability for Loss of and/or Damage to Household Goods is added to specify the Contractor’s liability for loss of and/or damage to household goods. 25. 3.11-24, Advance Notification by the Government is added to specify that the FAA will notify the Contractor a specific amount of hours in advance for pickup of the shipment. 26. 3.11-25, Government-Furnished Equipment With or Without Operators is added to specify that the FAA will provide specific material handling equipment with or without operators. 27. 3.11-26, Government Direction and Marking is added to specify that the FAA will tag or mark property and provide pertinent direction to the Contractor’s personnel at destination. 28. 3.11-27, Contract Not Affected by Oral Agreement is added to specify that no oral statement of any person shall modify or otherwise affect the terms, conditions, or specifications stated in the contract. 29. 3.11-28, Contractor’s Invoices is added to specify that the Contractor shall submit itemized invoices as instructed by the FAA. 30. 3.11-29, F.O.B. Origin is added for shipments free on board at origin.
31. 3.11-30, F.O.B Origin, Contractor’s Facility is added for shipments free on board at origin at the designated facility. 32. 3.11-31, F.O.B. Origin, Freight Allowed is added for shipments free on board at origin and freight is allowed.
33. 3.11-32, F.O.B. Origin, Freight Prepaid is added for free on board origin shipments which are prepaid. 34. 3.11-33, F.O.B. Origin With Differentials is added for free on board origin shipments with differentials. 35. 3.11-34, F.O.B. Destination is added for free on board destination shipments.
36. 3.11-35, F.O.B. Destination, Within Consignee’s Premises is added for free on board destination shipments within the consignee’s premises. 37. 3.11-36, F.A.S. Vessel, Port of Shipment is added for shipments free of expense to the Government delivered alongside the ocean vessel and within reach if its loading tackle at the specified port of shipment. 38. 3.11-37, F.O.B. Vessel, Port of Shipment is added for shipments free of expense to the Government loaded, stowed, and trimmed on board the ocean vessel at the specified port of shipment. 39. 3.11-38, F.O.B. Inland Carrier, Point of Exportation is added for shipments free of expense to the Government, on board the conveyance of the inland carrier, delivered to the specified point of exportation. 40. 3.11-39, F.O.B. Inland Point, Country of Importation is added for shipments free of expense to the Government, on board the indicated type of conveyance of the carrier, delivered to the specified inland point where the consignee’s facility is located. 41. 3.11-40, Ex Dock, Pier, or Warehouse, Port of Importation is added for shipments free of expense to the Government delivered on the designated dock or pier or in the warehouse at the specified port of importation. 42. 3.11-41, C. & F. Destination is added for shipments free of expense to the Government delivered on board the ocean vessel to the specified point of destination, with the cost of transportation paid by the Contractor. 43. 3.11-42, C.I.F. Destination is added for shipments free of expense to the Government delivered on board the ocean vessel to the specified point of destination, with the cost of transportation and marine insurance paid by the Contractor. 44. 3.11-43, F.O.B. Designated Air Carrier’s Terminal, Point of Exportation is added for shipments free of expense to the Government loaded aboard the aircraft, or delivered to the custody of the air carrier at the air carrier’s terminal specified in the contract. 45. 3.11-44, F.O.B. Designated Air Carrier’s Terminal, Point of Importation is added for shipments free of expense to the Government delivered to the air carrier’s terminal at the point of importation specified in the contract. 46. 3.11-45, F.O.B. Origin and/or F.O.B. Destination Evaluation may be added to provide evaluation of f.o.b. origin and/or f.o.b. destination terms. 47. 3.11-46, Shipping Point(s) Used in Evaluation of F.O.B. Origin Offers may be added for shipping point(s) used in evaluation of f.o.b. origin offers. 48. land. 3.11-47, Evaluation—F.O.B. Origin may be added for the evaluation of f.o.b. origin shipments by
49. 3.11-48, F.O.B. Destination –Evidence of Shipment is added to provide evidence of shipment using f.o.b. destination shipping terms.
3.11-49, Destination Unknown may be added for evaluating for shipments destination unknown.
51. 3.11-50, No Evaluation of Transportation Costs may be added shipments not evaluating transportation costs. 52. 3.11-51, Evaluation of Export Offers may be added for the evaluation of export offers.
53. Alternate I may be added for the evaluation of export offers for port handling and ocean charges using DOD water terminals. 54. Alternate II may be added for the evaluation of export offers for port handling and ocean charges excluding f.o.b. port of loading with inspection and acceptance at origin. 55. Alternate III may be added for the evaluation of export offers for port handling and ocean charges for f.o.b. destination shipments. 56. 3.11-52, Freight Classification Description may be added to provide freight classification description. 57. 3.11-53, F.O.B Point for Delivery of Government-Furnished Property is added to specify f.o.b. point for delivery of Government-furnished property. 58. 3.11-54, Transit Arrangements may be added for evaluating transit arrangements.
59. 3.11-55, Transportation Transit Privilege Credits is added to specify transportation transit privilege credits. 60.. 3.11-56, Loading, Blocking, and Bracing of Freight Car Shipments is added to specify loading, blocking, and bracing of freight car shipments. 61. 3.11-57, F.O.B Origin—Carload and Truckload Shipments is added to specify f.o.b. origin— carload and truckload shipments. 62. 3.11-58, Guaranteed Shipping Characteristics is added to specify guaranteed shipping characteristics. 63. 3.11-59, F.O.B. Origin—Minimum Size of Shipments is added to specify f.o.b. origin—minimum size of shipments. 64. 3.11-60, Specific Quantities Unknown is added to for specific quantities unknown.
65. 3.11-61, Preference for U.S. –Flag Air Carriers is added to specify preference for U.S.-flag air carriers. 66. 3.11-62, Preference for Privately Owned U.S.-Flag Commercial Vessels is added to specify preference for privately owned U.S.-flag commercial vessels. 67. 68. Alternate I Alternate II
69. 3.11-63, F.O.B. Origin, Prepaid Freight—Small Package Shipments is added to specify f.o.b. origin, prepaid freight—small package shipments. 70. 3.11-64, Returnable Cylinders is added for shipments with returnable cylinders.
71. 3.11-65, Submission of Commercial Transportation Bills to the General Services Administration for Audit is added to specify submission of commercial transportation bill to the General Services Administration for audit. 72. 3.11-66, Cargo Insurance is added to specify cargo insurance provided by the Contractor.
73. 3.11-67, Vehicular and General Public Liability Insurance is added to specify when the Contractor will provide vehicular and general public liability insurance. 74. 3.11-68, F.O.B. Origin—Government Bills of Lading or Prepaid Postage is added to specify f.o.b. origin shipments that require Government bills of lading or prepaid postage. 75. 3.11-69, Report of Shipment (Reship) is added to specify Report of Shipment.
C. CLAUSES REMOVED OR RELOCATED None D. PRESCRIPTIONS CHANGED None