ITIL Trainings Brochure
The ITIL Framework
Requirements The business/customers
Services Change proposals
Resource and & service charters
Services transition plans
Transition Testes Solutions
Service Achievements services
portfolio against targets
CSI register, improvement
Service action and plans
Who we are Associated with...
MCAL (Management Consulting & Advanced Learnings) is the leading high-end
consulting and training company in South Asia having expertise in the areas like
Business Analysis, Management Consulting, Project Management , Sales, Finance,
Cloud Computing, Six Sigma, Android,
Big Data, Data Analytic IT Service Management / ITIL framework.
We are serving most of the fortune 500 companies present in India. In
the last 5 years, we have helped more than 5000 professionals shape their career
with accelerated growth.
Our exceptional track record and innovative approach make us one of
the most liked Training and Consulting Partner for our clients, from Individuals to
We are associated and approved from by the Global Bodies like IIBA -
® ® ® ®
Canada, PMI -US, TUV -Germany, IREB -Germany and ITIL -UK, this is a unique
achievement for any Indian Company.
ITIL Cources @ MCAL
ITIL is well known IT service Management (ITSM) framework developed by OGC UK. It is de facto standard for understanding
and ensuring best ITSM practices
ITIL stands for Information Technology infrastructure Library. Following is certification Scheme
COURSE PURPOSE WHO SHOULD DO IT
Become conversant with ITSM terminology and basic concepts Anybody who wants to become IT Service Management professional.
E.g. Software Engineers, IT Managers, IT Support Groups etc
IT Service study through various life cycle stages. ITSM professional focusing on one/multiple areas of IT Service
Service Strategy, Service Design, Service transition, Service Operation Management. This stream is for those who will design Services and
ITIL Life Cycle Continual Service Improvement implement them. The perspective is of IT Service creation.
IT Service Management aspects study from various class of roles. IT users, business users, managers focusing on one/multiple areas of IT
Operational Support and Analysis, Planning Protection and Optimization Release Service Management. This stream is for those who will use and extract
control and validation Service Offerings and Agreements value from IT Services and do business using IT services. The
perspective is of IT Service optimization, usage of service for business.
Managing Across Life Cycle IT Service delivery using thorough understanding of each life cycle stages in isolation Senior IT and Business professionals who need understanding of ITIL
and bridging the gap in stages to achieve optimal value by using service framework. This should enable them implement IT services provision
management practice as opposed to separate subject areas. with better quality.
ITIL processes and practices, as learnt from the lifecycle and capability streams of
the intermediate certificates, are put into a context of delivering this value.
ITIL is framework for IT service management. It is result of years of interaction of various diverse vendor groups and UK government Office of Commerce OGC
group to arrive at common understating of ITSM.
ITIL consists of framework around Service Life Cycles namely Service Strategy, Design, Transition, Operation and continual Service improvement
(draw a major diagram as discussed earlier).
ITIL Certification path consists of foundation and life-cycle and capability paths.
There are five life-cycle certificates and four capability certificates. In addition to this one certificate of Managing across life cycle will lead to ITIL expert title.
1. ITIL offers standardization of IT service management terminology
2. ITIL is collection of best practices in IT services offering
3. ITIL does not prescribe any specific way; outlines the guidelines which are vendor neutral
4. Use of ITIL knowledge will help achieve ITSM and IT security certificates
5. ITIL gives flexibility in implementing best practices as per needs of organization; it allows to adopt and adapt
6. ITIL helps individuals to achieve certification giving impetus on knowledge skills required at various levels of IT service management hierarchy
7. ITIL is continuously updated with latest experience due to adoption of continual improvement approach
8. ITIL is adopted in variety of situations giving it wider acceptability
9. ITIL has life cycle approach which ties the process driven improvements as per needs of business
10. ITIL brings in focus the service aspect of IT and enables organization to achieve more
Individual Benefits 1. Common understanding of ITSM terminology;
1. Clearer concepts of ITSM terminology helps in better communication 1. Better assessment of companies position vis-
understanding overall IT service model 2. Use of collective experience since ITIL does not à-vis IT SM industry
2. Frame work approach gives Individual to use enforce any standard 2. Uniformity in application of processes.
his experience to best 3. Collaboration within and outside team based on 3. Better understanding of contractual obligations
3. Clear path of career progression by achieving clear understanding of requirement of IT as as well as internal working of IT service
different capability/service life-cycle certificates Service For example, better understanding from provider departments
4. Better understanding of IT service industry both vendors, third parties and inter department 4. Better placed to strategies and take position
from client and IT service vendor perspective requirements based on best in class practices
5. Use of best in class processes 4. IT as service becomes focus; rather than technical 5. Value for money realization with residual value
expertise or excellence for IT service provider(specifically)
5. Clearer roles and responsibilities
Core Study Material for ITIL Qualifications
RECOMMENDED READING RECOMMENDED READING
ITIL Services Strategy Primarily ITIL Services Operations
ITIL Services Strategy Publication ITIL Master Continual Service
21 hours of personal study is 12 hours of personal study
recommended ITIL Expert from SO and CSI is
ITIL Services Design
ITIL Services Design Publication PPO
21 hours of personal study is Managing Across the Lifecycle Primarily ITIL Services Design
recommended 21 hours of personal
study from SD is
ITIL Services Transition recommended
ITIL Services Transtion Publication SS SD ST SO CSI OSA PPO RCV SOA
21 hours of personal study is RCV
recommended Capability modules Primarily ITIL Services Transition
and ITIL Services Operation
ITIL Services Operation 21 hours of personal study
ITIL Services Operation Publication from ST and SO is
21 hours of personal study is recommended
recommended ITIL Foundation in IT services management
ITIL Continual Service Primarily ITIL Services Strategy
Improvement and Service Design
ITIL Continual Service RECOMMENDED READING 21 hours of personal study
21 hours of personal study is Reference all 5 ITIL Lifecycla Publications from SS and SD is
recommended 20+ hours of personal study is recommended recommended