Not transferable SOUTH CENTRAL RAILWAY SL.No SUB:- Security. Maintenance, Cleaning , Gardening, House Keeping, Washing & Changing of linen,
Cooking & Serving of food to the occupants, Loading and unloading of line boxes, Loading of sand in locomotives, Serve train-ordering calls to the occupants at the Running Room, NZB for a period of TWO years as per the scope of work.
Money Receipt No. COST OF TENDER FORM : Issued By Dt Rs.1065……………. Rs.1165 by post dt 20-02-2007
…… Tender notice no. : 07/2006-07 /RR NZB Tender No. : Y.M.271/P/Running room TENDER VALUE : Rs. 15,19,554/PERIOD OF CONTRACT : 24(twenty four )months TIME OF CLOSING : TIME OF OPENING : EMD Amount : Money Receipt N0. CONTENTS PART-1: PART-II PART –III PART-IV PART-V i. i. ii. i. i. ii. Check list Letter of acceptance particulars of tenderer 15-03-2007 15 -03-2007 RS.30,390/Issued by Dt
AT 15:00 hours AT 15.30 hours
Page.No. From To : 3 : : : : : : 4 7 9 16 17 20 6 8 15 19 22
General terms & conditions Tender Schedule Scop of work
i. Special condition of the contract
Total Pages: 22 SOLD TO : ______________________ ______________________ ______________________
Signature of the tenderer
Notes: Transfer of tender form purchased by one tenderer to another is not permissible. The tender form is required to be submitted intact together with all documents supplied at the time of sale, without any pages being removed. Any other document required to be submitted as per the conditions shall also be attached. Failure to comply with this requirement will render the tender liable to be rejected. This document is the property of South Central Railway and is issued only for the use of the tenderer for submitting offers and should not be used in any other form nor be copied or reproduced.
Signature of the tenderer
Part - I
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11 Have you purchased the valid Bid Documents? Have you quoted as per format in Schedule of Rates of PartIII of Bid document? Have you submitted DD towards EMD? Have you furnished a Letter of Acceptance of tender? Have you Statement? furnished the Performance (experience) Yes/No Yes/No Yes/No Yes/No Yes/No Yes/No Yes/No Yes/No Yes/No Yes/No Yes/No
Have you enclosed necessary documents to satisfy the Eligibility criteria Have you furnished your income Tax Clearance Certificate? Have you quoted delivery period correctly and precisely? Have you kept your offer valid for 90 days? Have you quoted the rates both in figures and words in the Financial Bid? Have you enclosed separate Demand Draft towards the cost of tender form if a downloaded copy of tender form is used?
Strike out which is not applicable
Signature of the tenderer
Part-II (Letter of Acceptance)
To The President of India, Acting through the Senior Divisional Mechanical Engineer, S. C. Railway, Hyderabad division, Sir. I/We_________________________________________________________ have read the various conditions to tender attached hereto and hereby agree to abide by the said conditions, I/We also agree to keep this tender open for acceptance for a period of 90 days from the date fixed for opening the same and in default thereof,. I/We will be liable for forfeiture of my/our Security Deposit. I/We offer to do the work “Maintenance,
Cleaning, Gardening, House Keeping, Washing & Changing of linen, Cooking & Serving of food to the occupants, , Loading and unloading of line boxes, Loading of sand in loco
motives, Serve train-ordering calls to the occupants at the Running Room of NZB for a period of TWO years as per the scope of work” at the rates quoted by us in the Part-VI hereby bind myself/ourselves to perform the works for two years from the date of commencement of the work. I/We also hereby agree to abide by the General and Special Conditions of Contract and to carry out the works according to the specifications for material and works laid down by the South Central Railway for the present Contract. 2. A sum of Rs. RS.30,390/-/- (Rupees Thirty thousand three hundred and ninety only) is herewith forwarded as earnest money Deposit. The full value of earnest money shall stand forfeited without prejudice to any other rights or remedies if: a) I/We do not execute the contract documents within seven days after receipt of notice issued by the Railway that such documents are ready, or b) I/We do not commence the work within ten days after receipt of orders to that effect. 3. Until a formal agreement is prepared and executed, acceptance of this tender shall constitute a binding contract between us, subject to modifications, as may be mutually agreed to, between us and indicate in the letter of acceptance of my/our offer for this work. 4. Payment of stamp duty on the agreement to be executed in pursuance of this tender will be borne by the Contractor. 5. I/We, enclose a South Central Railway cash receipt/ Deposit receipt/Pay order/ Demand Draft for of RS.30,390/-/- (Rupees Thirty thousand three hundred and ninety only) drawn in favour of the Senior Divisional Finance Manager, South Central Railway, Hyderabad Division, Secunderabad, being the Earnest Money Deposit paid to him.
Signature of the tenderer
I/We, attach herewith:Documents in support of one similar work for a minimum value of 35% advertised tender value during the last three financial years. (i.e. current year and three previous financial years) Documents to support that the contract amount received during the last three years and in the current financial year should be for a minimum of 150% of advertised tender value. List of Personnel, organization available on hand and proposed to be engaged for the subject work. The supervisory personnel should be aware of the importance of Cleanliness and Hygiene. Documentary proof in support of this is to be enclosed List of Plant and Machinery / accessories on hand (own) and proposed to be inducted (hired) for the subject work (own and hired should be given separately). List of works completed in the last three financial years with description of work, organisation, approximate value of contract at the time of award and date of scheduled completion of work. Date of actual start, actual completion and final value of contract is enclosed. List of works on hand with description of work, contract value, approximate value of balance work yet to be done etc. Staff training particulars in Cleanliness and hygiene at recognized institutions of Government of India etc if any. Documentary proof in support of supervisory personnel trained.
(f) (g) (h)
7. I/We also undertake to carry out the work in accordance with the General conditions of Contract and also special conditions, and to find and provide such of the materials (other than those to be supplied by the Railway) for, and to do all such things which in the opinion of The Divisional Mechanical Engineer, Hyderabad Division, Ist floor Hyderabad Bhavan, South Central Railway, Secunderabad may be necessary for, or incidental to the completion and maintenance thereof and to complete the whole of the said works in all respects and to maintain the same for the period and in the manner provided in the conditions of contract. 8. Until a formal agreement is prepared and executed, acceptance of this tender shall constitute a binding contract between us subject to modifications, as may be mutually agreed to between us and indicated in the letter of acceptance of my/our offer for this work.
Signature of the tenderer
I/We, carefully read and noted the conditions of the contract and understood the same. Yours faithfully,
Tenderer’s Signature Tenderer’s Name (In block letters): Address: Date:
NOTE: This set of tender documents when filled in should be forwarded complete to the Divisional Mechanical Engineer, Hyderabad Division Ist floor Hyderabad Bhavan ,South Central Railway, Secunderabad with the “particulars of tenderer” page and the “Schedule of rates page” duly filled in and signed by the tenderers. The above tender is hereby accepted by me on behalf of the President, Union of India, Accepting the Tender Designation Place Date
PARTICULARS OF TENDERER 1. 2. 3. Name, age Tenderer and address of the :
Telephone No. / Mobile / Fax No. / e- : mail (if any) Status of Firm (Whether Proprietary/Partnership/Limited attested copy of deeds for articles of association to be enclosed) : Name & Address of the sole proprietor/partners with (attested copies of partnership deed to be enclosed.) : Previous experience in Railway or other transportation sectors completed during the last three financial years (i.e. current year and three financial years) (Documentary proof to be enclosed) : Whether the man-power utilised are trained in Cleanliness & hygiene (Documentary proof in support of this to be enclosed) : List of personnel, Organization available on hand and proposed to be engaged for the subject work : List of Plant and Machinery / accessories available on hand (own) and proposed to be inducted (own and hired to be given separately) for the subject work : List of works on hand indicating the description of work, contract value, approximate value of balance work yet to be done and date of award
Name of the tenderer: Signature of the Tenderer: Date:
10. List of works completed in the last three financial years giving description of work, organization for whom executed, approximate value of contract at the time of award, date of award and date of scheduled completion of work. Date of actual start, actual completion and final value of contract should also be given 11. Whether the tenderer will establish his office in Guntur with communication facilities : Any other information that the contractor may desire to give :
NOTE: True copies of testimonials/credentials may be attached but will not be returned. If the space is inadequate for items 5 to 12 mentioned above, separate sheets may be enclosed for furnishing the required details.
Name of the tenderer: Signature of the Tenderer: Date:
Part – III GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS DEFINITION AND INTERPRETATIONS 1. “Railway” shall mean the President of the Republic of India acting through the Administrative Officers of the South Central Railway or of the successor Railway authorized to deal with any matters with which these present are concerned on his behalf. 2. “Engineer” shall mean the District Signal & Telecommunication Engineer and shall mean and include the Engineers of the successor Railway. 3. “Contractor” shall mean the person firm or company whether incorporated or not who enters into the contract with the Railway and shall include their executors, administrators, successors and permitted assigns. 4. “Contract” shall mean and include the agreement or work order, the accepted schedule or rates or the schedule of rates of South Central Railway modified by the tender percentage for items of works quantified or not quantified, the general conditions of contract, the special conditions of contract if any, the drawing, the specifications the special specifications if any and tender forms if any. 5. “Works” shall mean the works to be executed in accordance with the contract. 6. “Standard Schedule of Rate of South Central Railway” shall mean the schedule of rates issued under the authority of the Divisional Mechanical Engineer, Hyderabad division South Central Railway, Secunderabad from time to time. 7. The Contractor shall not assign or sublet the contract or any part thereof or allow any person to become interested therein in any manner whatsoever without the special permission of the Railway to rescind the contract under clause 62 of these conditions and also render the contractor liable for payment to the Railway in respect of any loss or damage arising or ensuing from such cancellation. Provided always that execution of the details of the works by petty contract under the direct and personal supervision of the contractor or his agent shall not be deemed to be subletting under this clause. The permitted subletting of work by the contractor shall not establish any contractual relationship between the sub-contractor and the Railway and shall not relieve the contractor of any responsibility under the contract. 8. The contractor shall, where he is not personally present on site of the works, place and keep a responsible agent at the works during working hours who shall on receiving reasonable notice, present himself to the Engineer and orders given by the Engineer or the Engineer‟s representative to the agent shall be deemed to have the same force as if they had been given to the contractor. Before absenting himself, the contractor shall furnish the name and address of his agent for the purpose of this clause and failure on the part of the contractor to comply with this provision at any time will entitle the Railway to rescind the contract under clause-62 of General Conditions of Contract 9. Tender by telegraph will not be considered. a) Tender documents can be obtained from the Divisional Mechanical Engineer, Ist floor Hyderabad bhavan South Central Railway, Secunderabad on production of a receipt 1065/(Rupees One thousand sixty five only) from the Divisional Cashier (Pay), Hyderabad division South Central Railway, Secunderabad towards the cost of Tender Form . Tender form is not transferable. The last date for sale of form is up to 13.00 hrs on 14-03-2007.
Signature of the tenderer
b) Tender documents can also be obtained by downloading from the S. C. Railway website. These downloaded documents will be considered only if they are accompanied by the cost of tender schedules in the form of cash receipt obtained from any station manager over Hyderabad Division or from the Divisional Cashier (Pay), S. C. Railway, Hyderabad or in the form of DD Drawn in favour of Sr. DFM/ HYB. S.C Railway, HYderabad c) All tenders should be addressed to the Divisional Mechanical Engineer Hyderabad Division, Ist Floor Hyderabad Bhavan, South Central Railway, Secunderabad and must reach this office by 15.00 hrs on or before 15-03-2007 in a sealed cover superscribed “Tender for Security, Maintenance, Cleaning, Gardening, House Keeping, Washing & Changing of linen, Cooking & Serving of food to the occupants, Loading and unloading of line boxes, Loading of sand in locomotives, Serving train-ordering calls to the occupants at the Running Room, NZBl for a period of TWO years as per the scope of work.” and will be opened on the same day at 15.30 hrs on 15-03-2007. No tender will be considered which is not submitted in the form obtainable on payment of Rs.1,065/- (Rupees One thousand and sixty five only) per set (Non refundable) from the. Divisional Mechanical Engineer Hyderabad Division, South Central Railway, Secunderabad. 10. No Tender will be entertained from any one who is directly or indirectly connected with the Railway Service, but this does not prevent a company from tendering on the ground that one of its share holders is an employee in the Railway. 11. The Tenderer must state clearly if he is a retired railway employee and also if he has any retired railway employee or employees associated with him or under his employment and if so furnish full particulars of such retired employee or employees. 12. Valid Earnest Deposit must accompany each tender. Tenders received without EMD will be rejected. The EMD for this work is RS.30,390/-/- (Rupees Thirty thousand three hundred and ninety only) It can be remitted to the Divisional Cashier (Pay), Hyderabad division, South Central Railway, Secunderabad and remittance slip attached to the tender. EMD may also remitted in form of the following Deposit receipt, Pay Order or Demand Drafts drawn in favour of the Sr.Divisional Finance Manager, South Central Railway, Hyderabad Division, Secunderabad. Government Securities (Stock certificates, Bearer Bonds, Promissory notes, Cash Certificates will not be accepted) Earnest Money Deposit will be returned to the unsuccessful Tenderer/s as soon as possible after the tenders have been disposed off. The Earnest Money deposit of the successful tenderer will be adjusted towards the security deposit. If the successful tenderer decline or fails to remit the required security deposit and to execute an agreement within the time stipulated thereof, the acceptance of his tender will be cancelled without any notice and his Earnest Money Deposit will be forfeited and appropriated by the Railways as ascertained liquidated damages. 13. A contractor who has not carried out any work so far on this Railway should furnish particulars regarding:a) His position as on independent contractor. b) His capacity to undertake and carry out works satisfactorily as vouched for by a responsible official or firm. c) His previous experience on works similar to that to be contracted for in proof of which original certificate or testimonials may be called for and their genuineness verified, if need be, by reference to the signatories thereof.
Signature of the tenderer
d) His knowledge from actual personal investigation of the zone or zones in which he offers to work. e) His ability to supervise the work personally or by competent and duly authorized agents. f) His financial position. 14. a) Security Deposit: The successful tender shall furnish security deposit for the due and faithful fulfillment of the contract by them equivalent to 5% of the contract value which will be deducted from monthly bills after adjusting EMD. b) Performance Guarantee:- 5% of the contract value .The above security deposit shall be in any one of the following. Cash: the cash should be remitted to the Divisional Cashier (Pay), Hyderabad division South Central Railway Secunderabad and receipt obtained thereof and produced in original to the Railways. Fixed Deposit Receipt from any Nationalized Bank in form and manner acceptable to the Railway in favour of the Senior Divisional Finance Manager, Hyderabad division South Central Railway, Secunderabad. Pay order or demand Drafts drawn in favour of the Senior Divisional Finance Manager, South Central Railway,Hyderabad division, Secunderabad. 15. No separate communication bearing on this tender must be addressed by the tenderer to the. Divisional Mechanical Engineer, S. C. Rly, Hyderabad Division, Ist floor Hyderabad Bhavan, Secunderabad but all explanatory or qualifying remarks which the Tenderers may desires to make, must be recorded in the page "Particulars of Tenderer" thereof. 16. In the event of a tender being submitted by a Firm, the tender must, except in the case of a well known and recognized firm, be signed separately by each partner thereof and in the absence of any one or more of the partners by the person or persons holding Power of Attorney for such absent partner or partners authorizing him to do so. In case of well known or recognized firm, the person signing the tender on behalf of such firm must enter his own name in the margin and state the authority under which he signs. 17. Tenders in which the conditions contained herein are not fully complied with will not be considered. 18. Tenderers who have not previously worked for this Railway Administration should enclose true copies of testimonials, which will not be returned. 19. If the Tenderer/Tenderers deliberately gives/give wrong information in his/their tender or creates/create circumstances for the acceptance of his/their tender, the Railway reserves the right to reject such tender at any stage. 20. If a tenderer expires after submission of his letter of acceptance of his tender, the Railway shall deem such tender as cancelled. If a partner of a firm expires after the submission of their tender or after the acceptance of their tender, the Railway shall deem such tender as cancelled unless the firm retains its character. 21. The authority for the acceptance of the tender shall rest with the Divisional Railway Manager (Mechanical), Hyderabad division South Central Railway , Secunderabad and does not bind on himself to accept the lowest or any other tender nor does he undertake to assign reasons for declining to consider any particular tender.
Signature of the tenderer
22. In addition to the above conditions, the provisions of Indian Contract Act, 1872 and Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act 1986 are applicable. 23. If the performance of the contractor is found to be not satisfactory, the contract will be terminated with One-month notice and reentered at the risk and responsibility of the contractor under GR 161 tender rules. 24. The contractor shall maintain a work diary, which will give the details of all the works carried out daily, which also should be jointly certified by the contractor‟s representative and inspecting official of the Railway daily. The extracts of this diary will form part of the monthly bill for verification. 25. Wherever not mentioned, the contractor has to bring men, materials, and required machinery etc. for executing the work. 26. Wherever not specifically mentioned, all other General Terms and Conditions of the Railways Contract shall be applicable. 27. No interest will be payable upon the earnest money or the Security deposit or amount payable to the contractor under the contract. 28. The contractor shall commence the work within 7 days after the receipt by him of an order in writing to this effect from the Engineer and shall proceed with the same with the due expedition and without delay. 29. VARIATION OF SCHEDULED QUANTITIES/PERIOD In cases where the agreement value goes beyond (+) 25%, the following procedure shall be followed for payment: For the first (+) 15% increase in the value beyond 25% of the Agreemental value, the rate will have a reduction of 2% in the incremental value of the agreement and for the next (+) 10% increase in the value, rates will have an additional reduction of 2% in the further incremental value of the agreement. Execution of quantities beyond 50% of the overall agree mental value should not be permitted and if found necessary and inescapable, should be by negotiating fresh rates with the existing contractor as per procedure laid down by Railway Board in their Letter No.94/CE-1/CT/37 dated 05-05-1995 for variation beyond 25%. The variation of quantity up to 25% shall in no degree affect the validity of the contract and it shall be performed by the contractor as provided there in and be subject to the same conditions, stipulations and obligations originally included and approved for in specification and drawing and the amounts to be paid therefore, shall be calculated in accordance with the accepted rates of the Schedule. In the event of any reduction in the quantity to be supplied or work to be executed for any reason whatsoever the contractor shall not be entitled to any compensation but shall be paid only for the actual amount of work done or quantity of supply made in accordance with accepted rates of Schedule. 30. In case the contractor fails to attend the meeting after being notified to do so or in the event of no agreement being arrived at, the Railway shall be entitled to execute the extra work/supply by other means and the contractor shall have no claim for loss or damage that may result from such procedure.
Signature of the tenderer DME/HYB 12
31. As far as hindrance to the execution or work by private bodies is concerned, the contractor will make his own arrangements to overcome the same. 32. TAXES – CENTRAL, STATE, LOCAL All rates quoted shall be inclusive of Sales Taxes, Excise Duty, royalty, control etc. payable by the contractor to the Government or any other authority and no additional rate will be paid or claim entertained on this account by the Railways. 33. CONTRACTOR‟S LIABILITY TOWARDS COSTS, DAMAGES ETC. All costs, damages and expenses which the railway may have incurred or suffered and which are recoverable from the contractor under the issue of this contract or the relevant lawman, in the discretion of the Railways, be recovered by deducting the requisite amounts from any moneys due and payable or refundable to the contractor or any account what so ever or by legal proceedings. The Railway also reserve the right and shall be entitled to withhold or retain by way of lien payments due to the contractor under this control or any other contract and to set off the same against all claims whether arising out this contract or out of any other transaction whatsoever with the contractor. In the event of any breach of the aforesaid conditions, the contractor shall, in addition to thronging himself open to action for contravention of terms of the agreements and or for original breach of trust, be liable to account to the Railway for all moneys, advantageous or profits resulting of which in the usual course would have resulted by reason of such breach. 34. ROYALTIES AND PATENT RIGHTS The contractor shall defray the cost of all royalties, feels and other payments in respect of patent right and licenses which may be payable to patents, licenser or other person or corporation and shall obtain all necessary licenses. In case of any breach whether willfully or in accidentally by the contractor on this provision the contractor shall indemnify the Railway and their officers, servants, representatives against all claims, proceedings, damages, cost, charges, expenses, loss and liability which they of any of them may sustain, incur or be put to by reason or in consequence directly or indirectly of any such breach and against payment of any royalties, damages or other moneys which the Railway may have to made to any person or holder entitled to patent rights to in respect of the users of any machines, instruments, process article, matter or thing, constructed, manufactured, supplied or delivered by the contractor or to his order under this contract. 35. DEDUCTION OF INCOME TAX AT SOURCE In terms of new section 140 inserted by the Finance Act, 1972 in the Income Tax Act, 1961 the Railway shall at the time of arranging payments to the contractor or carrying out any work (including supply of labour for carrying out any work) under the contract be entitled, to deduct Income Tax at source on comprises in the sum of such payments.
36. Venue: (a) The tender document completed in all respects should be addressed to the Divisional Mechanical Engineer Hyderabad Division, Ist Floor Hyderabad Bhavan South Central Railway, Secunderabad and dropped in the tender box kept for the purpose in the Divisional Mechanical Engineer Hyderabad Division, Ist Floor Hyderabad Bhavan South Central Railway, Secunderabad on 15-03-2007 between 10.00 Hrs. to 15.00 Hrs.
Signature of the tenderer
(b) Warning: It is hereby brought to the notice of all the prospective tenderers that if any change / additions / deletions / alterations are found to be made by them in the tender form and the same is subsequently detected / noticed at any stage even after award of contract, suitable action including banning of business with them would be taken. In addition, the tenderers are liable to be prosecuted under law.
37. PERIOD OF CONTRACT: The contract period will be for a period of 2 years from the date of commencement of the work. But the Railway administration shall be entitled to terminate the contract at any time should in the opinion of the Railway administration, cessation of work become necessary due to paucity of funds or for any other reason what so ever by giving 7 days notice to the contractor. The contractor is entitled for payment only to the extent of work actually done to the Railways. 38. WORK DIARY: The depot will open measurement book (work diary) of details of works carried out and the quality of work should be jointly certified by both Railway‟s representative and firm‟s representative. The extracts of this workbook will form part of the bill for verification. 39 The successful firm shall be required to execute an agreement in the specified format with the President of India acting through the Divisional Mechanical Engineer Hyderabad Division, Ist floor Hyderabad Bhavan South Central Railway, Secunderabad for carrying out the work in accordance with General & Special conditions of contract. The contractor should pay security deposit as per the rates prevailing at the time of entering into the agreement in the acceptable form mentioned in the tender forms. The EMD paid will be adjusted towards security deposit and the tenderer should pay the balance amount. Security deposit money will be refunded after the expiry of the contract period for which no interest will be paid by the Railway administration. 40 Tenderers may also download the tender documents from the S. C. Railway‟s website www.scrailway.gov.in . In such cases the cost of tender document must be attached with the tenders in the form of cash receipt obtained from the Divisional Cashier (Pay)/Hyderabad, S, C, Railway, Secunderabad or DD drawn in favour of Sr. Divisional Finance Manager/Hyderabad, South Central Railway, Hyderabad Division, Secunderabad
Signature of the tenderer
Conservancy cess charges: Conservancy cess charges from different categories of contractors will be recovered as under: Average no. of Conservancy cess Sl. Railway Contractor labourers/workman charges to be No
employed per day. recovered month) (per
01 02 03 04 05
Engg. Works contractor (Engg., Elec,. Mech. signal etc) General, Goods handling contractors Including contractors awarded by stores Coal handling as pit cleaning contractors Railway siding use by the contractors Contractor supplying water to engines
01 to 05 06 to 10 11 to 25 26 to 50 51 to 100 101 to 200 201 to 300 301 to 750 751 to 1500 1501 to 3000 3001 to over
Rs. 61/Rs. 120/Rs. 302/Rs. 440/Rs. 590/Rs. 742/Rs. 892/Rs. 1030/Rs. 2072/Rs. 4146/Rs. 8280/-
Signature of the tenderer Divisional Mechanical Engineer/Hyderabad
Hyderabad Division S.C.RAILWAY/Secunderabad
for and on behalf of President of India
Tender Sehedule Tender Notice No.07/2006-07/RR NZB Tender No.Y.M.271/P/Running room NZB Name of Work: Security, Maintenance, Cleaning, Gardening, House Keeping, Washing & Changing of linen, Cooking & Serving of food to the occupants, Loading and unloading of line boxes, Loading of sand in locomotives Serve train-ordering calls to occupants at the Running Room, NZB for a period of two years as per the scope of work. Tender value : Rs.15, 19, 554/Period of contract : Two years. Item
Security Maintenance, Cleaning, Gardening, House Keeping of Running Room Cooking and Serving of Food to the Occupants Loading and unloading of line boxes. Loading of sand in locomotives. Providing Washing changing of linen &
Rate per day in figures
Rate per day in words
Serving of train ordering calls to the occupants
Total value for two years : Note: The tenderers are required to quote the rates both in figures and words. In case of any discrepancy between the rate quoted in figures & words, the rates quoted in words will be considered for evaluation. Maintenance of running room at NZB will be done as per scope of work enclosed Signature of the tenderer DME/HYB 16
Scope of Work
Name of Work: Security, Maintenance, Cleaning, Gardening, House Keeping, Washing & Changing of linen, Cooking & Serving of food to the occupants, Loading and unloading of line boxes, Loading of sand in locomotives, Serve train-ordering calls to occupants at the Running Room, NZB for a period of two years as per the scope of work 1. Security i)Safe guarding the RR and its assets. 2.Maintenance, Cleaning, Gardening, House Keeping of Running Room: i) Sweeping the entire running room twice a day ii) Mopping by wet cloth twice a day iii) Cleaning of toilets and bathrooms twice a day. It should be ensured that the sanitary fittings and walls of the toilets should be shining at all the times iv) Cleaning of toilets and bath rooms with acid twice week v) Spraying of deodorants and mosquito repellent daily vi) All Out mosquito repellent liquid or similar are to be provided in the crew resting rooms. vii) Cleaning of surrounding space of running room once a day viii) Periodical dusting off of furniture doors, windows and cob web removal. ix) Intensive cleaning of the entire running room once a month. x) To undertake day to day repairs such as lights, fans, geyser, water cooler, leakage of water etc. to keep them in working order xi) Petty electrical & civil repairs are to be attended by the contractor. xii) Major repairs to the electrical or buildings will be carried out by the Railways. xiii) Modern equipments like vacuum cleaners, Dishwashers etc., may be utilized by the contractor but he cannot claim reduction of staff on this score.
In a nutshell running room should present a neat and pleasant atmosphere to the inmates and make their stay very comfortable. 2. Providing washed linen to every occupant:
i) On arrival of the crew for rest in the Running Room, washed linen is to be changed on the beds. ii) Linen is to be maintained in good condition. iii) Standard detergents/soaps are to be used during washing. iv) Damaged linen due to fair wear and tear is to be replaced by the Railway. v) Washing of linen is not to be carried out in the Running Room. It should be done elsewhere.
Signature of the tenderer 3. Cooking and Serving of Food to the Occupants:
i) Morning tea/coffee, Breakfast lunch Evening tea/coffee and dinner shall be made available to the inmates by the contractor at the rates fixed by Railways. The present rates for the various items are as under Items to be supplied Rate Remarks Rs. Ps. Coffee 3.00 Tea 2.00 Vegetarian meals full 12.00 (Sambar, Rasam, One Vegetable (As per the existing scheme) curry l, Pappad, Pickle Butter milk and Fine quality rice Egg curry 3.50 ( One Egg with Gravy) Omelet (Single) 2.50 Chicken Curry (100 grams) 10.00 Mutton Curry (100 Grams) 15.00 Tiffin: Idli (with coconut Chutney) 4.00 Plate ( 2 Nos) Pongal 5.00 Poori with subji 8.00 Plate ( 2 Nos) Dosa 7.00 Masala Dosa with chutney 8.00 Vada 3.00 Chappathi & Curry 8.00 Plate ( 2 Nos) ii) The item list indicated is only on sample basis. The other list of items, quantities and rates can be worked out jointly by the contractor and Railways depending on the choice and preference of the inmates in due course of time and the contractor shall be bound to agree for additions and deletions of the food items to be cooked and served in the running Room. It should be ensured that the quality of the food is very good. Periodical checking by Railway health officials will be conducted for the hygienic quality and taste of the food items served. For the preparation of food, the entire expense for provisions, ingredients, and fuel for cooking (LPG gas only to be used) should be met by the contractor. The contractor shall arrange the kitchen equipment required for the cooking purpose. However, the existing kitchen equipment of the Running Room can be used by the contractor as a supplement to the one arranged by the contractor. The Plates, bowels, tumblers and other cutlery and cooking utensils shall be arranged by the contractor. The cutlery should be of fine quality stainless steel. iii) The cost of refilling of LPG gas shall be borne by the contractor. iv) The food shall be served to the genuine inmates of the Running Room only. v) Kitchen should be maintained in clean, tidy and hygienic condition. Kitchen should be washed thoroughly once in a week.
Signature of the tenderer
vi) Agmark quality products are to be used as ingredients for preparation of food items in the Running Room by the contractor. vii) Non vegetarian food items on demand may be supplied to the occupants up to 22.00 hrs. The demand for non-veg food to be placed before 20.00 hrs. viii) The following timings are to be observed for supply of food by the contractor on payment basis in the Running Room. Break fast from 05.30 hrs. to 11.00 hrs. Lunch from 12.00 hrs to 14.30 hrs. Dinner from 18.00 hrs to 22.30 hrs. However, if the occupants supply the ration, irrespective of the above timings, food is to be cooked and served with in one hour at free of cost. ix) The staff engaged by the contractor for cooking and serving must be medically fit. Medical examination is to be conducted by the competent medical authority once in six months and their record is to be maintained. Unhealthy person shall be replaced with a healthy person immediately by the contractor. x) Round the clock Serving of Train Ordering Calls to the occupants All crew on arrival to the Running Room will „SIGN ON‟ in the Occupancy register maintained for the purpose. The contractor shall ensure the safe custody of this Occupancy register. The crew on arrival shall indicate in the register their connected outgoing train and the time as per the link. The callboys employed by the contractor for this purpose shall give the call to the concerned crew so that the crew can pick up their connected train without the prospect of missing the train due to sleep. xi) Supervision/co-ordinating work of labour of the contractor The contractor shall engage a separate literate supervisor for overall supervision of the running room and as a link for the daily co-ordination between the contractor and Railway Administration & acts of such supervisor are binding on the contractor.
Signature of the tenderer
Part – V Special Conditions of the Contract: Name of Work: Maintenance, Cleaning, Gardening, House Keeping, Washing & Changing of linen, Cooking & Serving of food to the occupants, Loading and unloading of line boxes, Loading of sand in locomotives ,Serve train-ordering calls to occupants at the Running Room, Nandyal for a period of two years as per the scope of work 1. The contractor has to submit a separate cost work out sheet for the rate and value quoted for each of the five items of the schedule indicating the manpower cost and material cost and submits along with the tender documents. In the absence of this cost workout sheet, the offer will not be considered. 2. On receipt of contract, the contractor will have to provide bank guarantee for Rs.50,000/- for the following items as these are provided by Railways in addition to the usual Security Deposit applicable to other contracts. i)LPG connection with empty cylinders. ii) Dining tables and chairs in dining hall. iii)Utensils, Grinding Stones etc., iv) Display boards, Indication boards, Name boards etc., v) Telephone instruments etc., vi) Steel lockers for running staff for keeping their belongings, bedroom furniture, recreation room furniture, etc. vii) Electrical fittings such as switches, lights, fans etc., viii) Electrical equipments such as Refrigerator, geysers, water cooler, aqua guard etc., ix) Door/Window curtains and their fixtures etc. x) Cots along with mosquito net fittings, mattresses, pillows, Mosquito nets, woollen blankets, white bed sheets and pillow covers. The above materials have to be used only for running room purpose. Upkeep of these material will be the responsibility of the contractor and he should return them to the Railway Administration in good condition subject to fair wear and tear on expiry of contract period. 3. In the opinion of the Railway Administration, the condition of the material if the condition of the material is deplored due to bad maintenance, an amount equal to the cost of material with due consideration of depreciation will be deducted from the Running Bills/Deposits. 4. The contractor shall maintain an attendance register for recording daily attendance of the staff engaged by him for the work. The staff engaged by the contractor should wear proper uniform with name badge for easy identification. Their names, address, photographs have to be submitted to the Crew Controller / NZB 5. Electricity will be made available free of charge for the use of Running Room. 6. An amount equivalent to 1% of the running bills will be deducted towards water charges.
Signature of the tenderer
7. The contractor has to disinfest once in two months in the running room and the surrounding areas with the help of any licensed Pest Control agency who is a member of IPCA so that the running room is free from cockroach, bugs, spiders, lizards and other insects. After pest control treatment, occupants in the running room should not feel restlessness or disturbance. 8. Complaints of major repair to building, water and power shall be made in time by the contractor to the Crew Controller /NZB and it will be carried out by the Railways. However, essential minor repair works shall be carried out by the contractor at his own expense for the purpose of timely effective operations. Regarding classification into major and minor works, the decision of the Railway administration shall be final and binding on the contractor. 9. The contractor is responsible for the conduct of the person employed in the running room by him. Any of his staff mis-behaves with other running staff or any other railway employee/ official, he should at once be removed or replaced by another employee with good behaviour. 10. Transportation of materials, accessories, etc. is the responsibility of the contractor and Railways will give no assistance. 11. The contractor will keep a suggestion / complaint register available all the time in the running room. Contractor will be responsible to redress the grievance / complaints lodged by the occupants. 12. In case of major repairs to buildings, water supply or electricity supply, contractor will contact immediately the Crew Controller, NZB Minor repairs will have to be carried out by the contactor in time at his own expense. 13. The Crew controller/NZBl will oversee the working of running room. In case of any dispute, the decision of Divisional Mechanical Engineer Hyderabad, South Central Railway, Hyderabad division will be final. 14. The peak hour occupancy of the Running Room is --- at present, which may vary in future as per the trains. These 24 beds are available.. While quoting the rates, the contractor must keep this aspect and quote accordingly. 15. It is in the interest of the Contractor to visit and acquaint himself with the working pattern of the running room and behavioral aspects of the crew so that it will help him to execute the work and quote accordingly. 16. Penalty up to Rs.1,000/- per occasion will be imposed on contractor for unsatisfactory performance by inspecting officials as deemed fit. If the performance continues to be unsatisfactory, by giving 30 days notice, the contract will be terminated at the risk and cost of the contractor. 17. In case of detention of train services due to failure of conveying the train ordering calls, a penalty of Rs.2,205/- per hour or part thereof will be imposed. 18. The quantities of items in the schedule of the work to be executed are only approximate and for the guidance. The quantities are likely to vary by increase or decrease according to the actual need of the Railways. The work with the variation shall be binding on the contractor and should be attended to as per the terms and conditions stipulated in the tender. 19. Upward revision of Rates is not permissible during the currency of the contract. 20. The tender will be evaluated based on the overall cost of the four elements of the work as indicated in the schedule.
Signature of the Tenderer
21. Payment of Bills: Month wise Bills in triplicate duly supported by all documents shall be submitted to the Divisional Mechanical Engineer/Hyderabad, Hyderabad division South Central Railway, Secunderabad through the Crew Controller, NZB/any authorized person nominated by the.DME/HYB. Payment to the contractor will be made through cheque every month proportionate to the work completed by the Senior Divisional Finance Manager/Hyderabad, South Central Railway, Secunderabad. 22. Statutory Requirements: All Statutory observations viz,. EPF, ESI, WCA Bonus etc., to the staff deputed by the contractor should be taken care of by the contractor and he will be responsible for the maintenance of necessary records in this connection, and also comply with all statutory requirements in force from time to time. 23. Minimum wages: The contractor shall pay minimum wages to his staff as fixed from time to time under the laws in force. 24. Income Tax: In terms of Income Tax Act.1961 as amended from time to time will be recovered from the running bills. 25. Railway will not be at any time responsible for any accident/ injury occurring to the labour employed by him for executing this work. The contract shall wholly be responsible and shall see that, proper attention and medical treatment is given to the labour employed by him .The contractor shall be responsible for any claim arising out of the employment injury or otherwise in the course of employment under any stature. 26. It is the onus of the contractor to maintain registers as per the contract labour (regulation and Abolition) act. 27. Sales tax if applicable has to be borne by the contractor and the same may be recovered from the running bills. 28. Contractor should be liable to reimburse the Railway Administration all costs, damages and awards incurred by due to the act of omission or commission by him or his staff. 29. Observance of Bonded Labour system abolition ordinance 1975. The bonded labour system abolition ordinance 1975 would apply to the present contract. The contractor shall duly observe the provisions thereof. 30. The Divisional Mechanical Engineer/Hyderabad, South Central Railway, Ist floor Hyderabad BhavanSecunderabad6 reserves the right to reject any tender without assigning any reasons what so ever. 31. The Contractor has to bring the tools, plant and other accessories required for the work.
Name and signature of the Tenderer with seal Date:
Divisional Mechanical Engineer Hyderabad/Division South Central Railway, Ist floor Hyderabad Bhavan /Secunderabad