COUNTY OF SAN LUIS OBISPO
Environmental Health Services
2156 Sierra Way – PO Box 1489, San Luis Obispo, California 93406
Phone: (805) 781-5544 Fax: (805) 781-4211
COTTAGE FOOD OPERATION
I hereby declare and certify that my cottage food operation will be operated in conformance
with the following conditions and restrictions:
1. In 2013, the enterprise shall not have more than thirty-five thousand dollar ($35,000) in gross
annual sales in the calendar year. In 2014, the enterprise shall not have more than forty-five
thousand dollars ($45,000) in gross annual sales in the calendar year. Commencing in 2015, and
each subsequent year thereafter, the enterprise shall not have more than fifty thousand dollars
($50,000) in gross annual sales in the calendar year.
2. The Cottage Food Operation will not have more than one full-time equivalent cottage food
employee (not including a family member or household member).
3. The Cottage Food Operation will be restricted to producing the non-potentially hazardous foods
listed in the Approved Food Products List.
4. The Cottage Food Operation will be restricted to sales within San Luis Obispo County.
5. Persons preparing or packaging the cottage food products will complete the California Department
of Public Health’s Food Processor Course within three months of becoming registered/permitted
as a Cottage Food Operation.
6. A person with a contagious illness will not be allowed to work in the registered or permitted area of
the cottage food operation.
7. The Cottage Food Operation will properly label all cottage food products.
8. Water used during the preparation of cottage food products meets the potable drinking water
9. San Luis Obispo County Environmental Health Services may access, for inspection purposes, the
registered/permitted area of the private home where a cottage food operation is located.
I agree to comply with and conform to the requirements of California Health and Safety Code
pertaining to Cottage Food Operations.
Name Business Name