SK Y1 Unit 29 Page 131
Focus: Listening and speaking
Unit: 29- Happy holidays
1.1 By the end of the 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to pronounce words a
the correct stress, rhythm and intonation.
2.2 By the end of the 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to demonstrate under
and non-lineartexts in the form of print and non-print materials using a range of strategi
1.1.2 Able to listen to and enjoy simple stories.
2.2.2 Able to read and understand phrases in linear and non-linear texts
By the end of the lesson, children should be able to
a) discuss their plans for during the school holiday
b) Understand the story “The Lucky Envelope”
c) Choose things they want to bring when they go for a holiday.
Time: 60 minutes
Teaching Aids: Laptop/projector, postcard/pictures of holiday destination/ brochures/holidays magazine
Lesson Link: http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/sites/kids/files/attachment/packing-a-suitcase.p
Prepared By: Dayana Nayan
1. Teacher asks the students to read the passage on page 131 in the textbook.
2. Teacher asks the students to think about the things they would like to bring if they are going
camping with Adam’s family. Teacher gives the students this worksheet and asks them to
colour and cut the items they would like to put in their bags.
“Pick the things you will bring on your holidays” worksheet
3. Teacher shows the “The Lucky Envelope” story clip to the students.
Alternative for teachers who do not have projector
o You can present the story by doing a role-play with the students.
o Ask a few students to be Mum, Dalia, Ahmed and Dad.
o You can be the narrator.
o The students can read their dialogue from the story transcript. Here is the story
The United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
4. Teacher asks the students to sit in groups of three. Teacher presents a situation to the
“If you won a free holiday, which place in Malaysia would you like to visit? Why?”
5. Teacher can provide the students with postcards, pictures of holiday destination or holiday
magazine to help them choose their holiday destination.
6. Each group talks about their dream holiday in front of the class.
7. The students complete the worksheet given in their group:
Page 2 of 2