SK Y1 Unit 29 Page 131
Focus: Listening and speaking
Unit: 28- Earth Detective
Topic: Save our earth
1.1 By the end of the 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to pronou
Content Standard: confidently with the correct stress, rhythm and intonation.
2.2 By the end of the 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to demons
variety of linear and non-lineartexts in the form of print and non-print materia
strategies to construct meaning.
1.1.2 Able to listen to and enjoy simple stories.
Learning Standard: 1.1.4 Able to talk about a stimulus with guidance
2.2.2 Able to read and understand phrases in linear and non linear texts
By the end of the lesson, children should be able to:
Objectives: a) discuss how to save energy and water by referring to page 128 in the tex
b) Understand the story
c) Complete the exercise given.
Time: 60 minutes
Teaching Aids: Laptop/projector, worksheet.
Lesson Link: http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/short-stories/planet-earth
Prepared By: Dayana Nayan
1. Teacher asks the students to read the information on page 128 in the textbook.
2. Teacher discusses with the students how they can save electricity and water in
3. Teacher asks the students to sit in groups and write down ways to save energy
and water on a manila card in a form of a mind map.
4. The students paste their manila card on the notice board.
5. Teacher shows the story clip to the students.
Story clip: “Planet Earth”
The United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
Alternative for teachers who do not have projector
o DIstributes the story transcript to the students. here is the transcript:
o Read the story with the students.
6. Discuss the story with the students after they watched the story clip/read the
transcript. You can ask the students these questions during the discussion:
o Who lives in the forests?
o Who lives in the oceans?
o How do trees help us?
o What happens to Earth as the climate gets warmer?
7. In pairs, the students complete the worksheet given.
Page 2 of 2