SK Y1 Unit 27 Page 124
Focus: Listening and speaking
Unit: 27- So Hairy and Scary
Topic: Animal body
Content 1.1 By the end of the 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to pronounce words
Standard: and speak confidently with the correct stress, rhythm and intonation.
Learning 1.1.3 Able to listen to, say aloud and recite rhymes or sing songs with guidance.
Standard: 1.1.4 Able to talk about a stimulus with guidance.
By the end of the lesson, students should be able to:
Objectives: a) sing the song “The old lady who swallowed fly”
b) learn about animal bodies.
c) Complete the exercise on page 134 in the activity book part 2.
Time: 60 minutes
Teaching Flash cards of animal bodies, pictures of animals for the labelling
1. Teacher recalls the animals that the students
2. The students listen to the song “An old lady who
The United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
3. The students sing the song.
4. Teacher divides the students into groups of four.
Each group has to jot down the animals mentioned
in the song. The group that list all correct animals
will be given a gift.
5. Teacher asks the students to look at the
textbook page 124. Teacher discusses animal body
with the students.
6. Teacher introduces animal body to the students
with the help of
Flash card for animal body
6. Teacher shows the students a picture of a cat.
Teacher talks about cat’s body parts with the
7. Teacher divides the students into groups of
three. Each group will be given a picture of an
animal. The group has to label the body parts of
the animal. They can refer to the flash cards while
doing this activity. You could also do something
similar to this arts and crafts activity:
8. Teacher checks each group’s work. .
Page 2 of 3
Page 3 of 3