1. Double Click on PowerPoint Icon(Mac) or Goto start menu, and goto PowerPoint program(PC). 2. Goto File menu, goto 'New'. 3. Click on the "Presentation Designs' tab and select. Click OK By single clicking on the presentation designs a preview will b shown in preview window of the dialogue box. Select a presentation design that suits your topic. For this exercise. the same design will be used on each slide throughout the presentation. 4. Choose and auto layout for the first slide. (select the first AutoLayout , as this will be suitable for the title page. Click OK 5. Goto "View Menu' select "Slide Sorter". This will give you a representation of all the slides in your presentation. So far you have only one slide. 6. Goto "Insert Menu" select "New Slide". A dialogue box appears. Select One of the options which include a picture. Click OK. 7. Goto the "Insert Menu", select "Duplicate Slide". Duplicate this slide 2 more times. 8. Goto the "View Menu" and select "Slide Sorter", you should now have 5 slides in your show. 9. Goto "Insert Menu" and select "New Slide", Select the second AutoLayout slide. This will be the 6th and final slide in your presentation. 10. Double Click on the first slide in the slide sorter window. 11. Click to Add the title of your slide presentation. 12. Click on the second box to add your name as author of the slide show. You may like to use - 'This slide show is presented by Mary Smith of Year 6'. Preparation for next week. Use the layout guide provided to design and research your presentation.
1. Title Page includes Title and Authors.
2. First Content Page, requires focus question, picture or clip art, and list of points between 3-6.
3. Second Content Page, requires , focus question, picture or clip art, and list of points between 3-6.
4. Third Content Page, requires focus question, picture or clip art, and list of points between 3-6.
5. Fourth Content Page, requires focus question, picture or clip art, and list of points between 3-6.
6. Final page, requires reprise of title.Second box summary and conclusions.
PowerPoint - Lesson 2
1) Use your preparation from the previous Lesson - 'PowerPoint Presentation Layout'. 2) You may need to do additional work on the internet to find content or pictures. 3) Double Click on the Netscape or Internet Explorer Icon and goto 'ajkids.com' or another search engine. - Remember - save your pictures and clip art into your own folder. - There are also pictures and clip art available within PowerPoint - check these as well for suitable pictures goto point 8) below. 4) When you have all your pictures and information, Double Click on PowerPoint Icon(Mac) or Goto start menu, and goto PowerPoint program(PC). 5) Goto 'File menu', goto 'Open'. Open your PowerPoint presentation. 6) Goto 'View Menu', goto 'Slide Sorter', double click on slide number 2. 7) Click to add 'focus questions' number 1, then type in your question. 8) Double Click to on the picture box to add your picture. This will bring up a dialogue box of existing clip art and pictures, which you may wish to use. Make your selection from either the clipart or picture options, and click 'insert'. - If you wish to use a picture you have downloaded from the web or scanned click 'import clip', browse to your file and select the clip art or picture you require. - The clip art or picture will then appear in the selection window, click on it and click 'insert'. - The picture will automatically be inserted onto the page. 9) Click in the next box to add text. 10) Add the points relating to your focus questions. 11) Save your file. 12) Repeat the above for each focus questions. Preparation for next week. Use the layout guide provided to design and research the final page of your presentation. This is a page for summaries and conclusions, and your point of view.
PowerPoint - Lesson 3
Preset Animations 1) Double Click on PowerPoint Icon(Mac) or Goto start menu, and goto PowerPoint program(PC). 2) Goto 'File menu', goto 'Open'. 3) Goto 'File menu', goto 'Open'. Open your PowerPoint presentation. 4) Goto 'View Menu', goto 'Slide Sorter', double click on slide number 6. 5) Click on the first box to add your title. 6) Click on the second box to add your conclusions and point of view. 7) Save your file. 8) Goto 'View Menu' Goto 'slide sorter', double click on slide number one. 9) Select the title text. Experiment with the Preset animations. Goto 'Slide Show menu' goto 'Preset Animations'. Try each one. Select one for the Title (a), one for the pictures or clipart(b) and one for the additional points on each page(c). It is best to keep these the consistent throughout. 10) 'Goto Insert Menu' , goto 'Movie and Sounds', goto 'Sound from Gallery' select each sound and 'play' (when the dialogue box opens select the second icon to preview sound) Listen to all the sounds. Select one for the Title (a), one for the pictures or clipart(b) and one for the additional points on each page(c). It is best to keep these the consistent throughout. Write down the sounds you have selected. 11) Print a copy of the text of your animation so far. Double check this at home and make any corrections or additions needed before the next session.
PowerPoint - Lesson 4
1. Double click on PowerPoint Icon(Mac) or goto start menu, and goto PowerPoint program(PC) 2. Goto ‘File Menu’, goto open. Open your PowerPoint File. 3. Click on a section of your presentation you would like to animate. Goto ‘Slide Show’, goto CUSTOM ANIMATION. 4. Click on the EFFECTS tab. 5. Click on the down arrow near NO EFECTS. 6. Choose an ‘effect’, present animation from the list you made last time. 7. On the same dialogue box, goto INTRODUCE TEXT and choose ‘All at once’, ‘by word’ or by ‘letter’. You can see the results of the effect by choosing PREVIEW. 8. For Sound: Click on EFFECTS tab, Click on the down arrow near NO SOUND. 9. Choose a sound from the list you made during the last session. To see effect click PREVIEW. 10. To set timing, click on the TIMING TAB next to the EFFECTS TAB. 11. Click on each object in the preview window. Set timing on MOUSE CLICK, or AUTOMATIC, a 5 sec delay is a good length try initially. 12. Preview your timing by clicking on PREVIEW. 13. Adjust timing to suit your presentation. 14. To set timing, sound and effects on each part of the slide you will need to go through the above procedure for each individual part. 15. When you are satisfied with your animations and timing click OK. 16. Save your presentation. View your presentation. 17. What do you think?
PowerPoint - Lesson 5
1. Double Click on PowerPoint Icon(Mac) or goto start menu, and goto PowerPoint program(PC). 2. Goto ‘file Menu’, goto Open’. Open your presentation. 3. Goto ‘Slideshow’, goto ‘Slide transitions’. 4. View the various slide transitions in the ‘effect’ window – click on the arrow keys beside ‘no transition’ to view various effects. 5. Select one transition effect. 6. Select the speed ‘fast, medium, slow’. 7. Select timing –‘automatic, 4 secs’ is a good one to try. 8. Select one sound for the transition. 9. Click ‘apply to all’. 10. Save your presentation. 11. Goto the ‘View Menu’ click ‘Slideshow’. View your presentation. 12. What do you think? 13. You may wish to alter some sounds or timing if they do not suit your presentation. 14. Save your alternations. 15. Ta Dar! Ta Dar! You’ve finished. 16. Save your slideshow to disk and take a copy home. 17. Amaze and amuse your friends with your incredible PowerPoint presentation. See My Show! See My Show! See My Show!