What does a GHS-compliant
shipping label look like?
The label elements are:
• A product identifier that explains what the product is.
• The name, address, and telephone number of the manufacturer or importer.
• Precautionary statements that list measures to follow in order to use or store
the chemical more safely. A pictogram that represents the type of hazard.
• A signal word that indicates how severe the hazard is.
• The signal word will be “Danger” for severe hazards or “Warning” for less
• A hazard statement which describes the hazard or hazards in words.