Dr Seuss Web Quest
Read and follow all instructions and you will learn a lot about Dr. Seuss.
All web sites that you are to use are on Mrs. Machac’s blog.
You can print this page so you can keep up with your progress.
Using the links called Dr. Seuss Biography and Facts about Dr. Seuss answer the following questions.
1. What was Dr. Seuss’ real name?
2. When was he born? _
3. When did he die? _
4. What college did he attend?
5. What other name has he used to write books?
6. How many books has he written?
7. Who taught Dr. Seuss to play with words?
8. What was the name of the city and state he was born in?
9. What was the name of the first book he had published?
10. How many awards has he won and what were they for?
Go to our class blog, click on book reviews and answer the questions about your favorite Dr. Seuss book that
we have read.
Go to the link for tongue twisters. Learn one tongue twister to share with the class. You will make a video
of each other performing your tongue twister.
Take the Dr. Seuss quiz by clicking on the link. You can look back at the books we have read if you want
to. What was your score?
Go to the link for Grinchy Trivia to answer the following questions.
1. What was the dog’s name?
2. How old is the Grinch?
3. In the movie what was the Grinch’s hair made of?
4. How is the Grinch different in the movie, TV show and book?
Go to Seussville. Go to games and activities.
1. Play two games. What did you play?
2. Choose two activities to print and complete.
3. Explore Whoville. Jungle of Nool, McElliogt’s Pool and Mulberry St. Learn about one character from
each place to share with the class.
Go to Dr Seuss Quotes. Choose two quotes that you like from books we have read. Work with the teacher
to have your quotes included in a class Glogster.
Go to Grinch Online Coloring. Use drag and drop to complete the picture. Write adjectives that describe
your Grinch and the scene. List at least 10 different adjectives.
Go to PBS and Dr Seuss. Choose games.
1. Play Mathmayhem
2. Play the Great Shape Race
3. Choose activities. Pick one activity to print and complete.
Go to Seussentration. Play the game once by yourself. How many tries did it take to finish the puzzle?
Now play again with a friend. Work together as a team to improve your score. What was your score this
time? Why do you think it is so much better?