8 Tips For Correct Oncology Coding !
Oncology Coding Tips To Be Followed :
1. Be aware of on-going changes in
codes and modifiers.
2. Train oncologists and coders on
coding mistakes and
Be Familiar With Your Codes
• 3. Do not neglect equipment or
instrument used : Instrument
like radiation oncology used to
provide oncology services.
Beware Of New Codes !
• 4. Beware of the tendency to code rather than the
extent of decision making involved.
• 5. Be aware of new or codes established by Centres
for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Understanding Rules & Regulations
• 6. Make sure you understand the
billing rules and regulations for
Medicare and private payers.
• Many oncology practices are now
verifying insurance information
before every treatment.
Reviews And Updates
• 7. The American Medical Associations
(AMA) frequently reviews and
updates oncology codes.
• Keep in sync with these changes.
Oncology Billing Services
• 8. Oncology clinics and hospitals
will find the guidebook on billing
• And Oncology-related services
offered by American Society of
Clinical Oncology (ACCO) are very
To Adopt And Be Safe, Approach
Yes as an established vendor for
Oncology Billing and Coding, you can
leave the rest to us.
We are here guide you !For more
information, kindly visit our page at