Combining Like-Terms / Word
• HW Questions? / Quiz Correction Questions?
• Make sure you turn in missing homework by
Monday, or you will receive a letter home.
• Tonight I will (attempt to) post all past homework
assignments online, so you have access
• When called, I will give you a definition of a
word up on the word wall.
• Come up and hit the word on the word wall
with the flyswatter.
• When done, hand the flyswatter to another
• Then I will say another definition
• This tells you the order in which to simplify
• This property allows you to fill in a variable
with a number, and then evaluate/solve
• These numbers never end and never repeat
• This property allows you to add zero to any
number and end up with that same number as
• Multiplication over addition or subtraction
• This property allows you to re-group
• The number in front of the variable
• A number that tells the base how many times
to multiply itself by
• The distance away from zero on the number
• These have equal signs, and we solve them
• These have no equal signs, as we simplify
• A number, and a letter(s) form this
• In an expression, these do not ever change
• Something made up of terms and operations
• A comparison of two numbers (integers) by
I’ve got a question for you?
Dice Activity with cards
• I’m passing out instructions. We will go over it.
• Let’s do a few rounds and see where we are.
Depending on how things are working, I may let
you work on your homework and quiz corrections
instead, because they are more important