Simulation of Complex
• Data will be obtained on a limited basis from the
experimental manufacturing of the first three
• The objective is to model the known process and
verify the simulation with experimental data.
• Given the verified known process, individual
changes can be made and the results tallied.
This will show the options available to ease the
– .The model will be representative of the actual
– Each change in machine will be modeled as one process in
– .The machines are dedicated to the adapter line (No
downtime has been considered).
– .If an operation takes place outside this manufacturing
floor it will not be in the model (Vendor operations are not
• ProModel V 4.20
• Adapter divided into four entities
• All distributions normally distributed
• 3 Adapters Every 500 Hours
• Basic Analysis
– Adapter Manufacturing time is 20.03 with a
standard deviation of .05
– Numbers of Replications
– Warm-up Periods
– Run Length
• Final Simulation
– 15 replications
– 500 Hours of Warm-up
– Run Length of 100,000 Hours
Production Runs and
• The production run uses two matsuura
• The addition of the queue on the deburr
• Time in the system is 22.05 hours with
a standard deviation of .057 hours.
• The adapter-manufacturing model has
been built, and validated.
• It is now ready as a baseline to begin
modeling different processes.