IT’S A MOD MOD WORLD!
More Than You Ever
Wanted to Know
MoHealthWINs TAACCCT Grant
Prepared by the OTC Finance Office and the MCCA MHW Grants Office
October 26, 2012
GRANT DETAIL AND CONTACT INFO
Missouri TAACCCT Grant Contacts :
Program Director – Dawn Busick
MCCA Grant Office: 573-634-8787
Fiscal Lead: Ozarks Technical Community College Finance Office
Marla Moody, Vice Chancellor of Finance
Betty Denson: 417-447-4831, Chasity Daniels: 447-447-4848
The Program Director and the OTC Finance Office will
hereinafter be referred to as the
TYPES OF GRANT MODIFICATIONS
• Changes in Scope of Work (SOW)
• Budget Realignment
• Equipment Approval
• No Cost Extension
• Change of Signatory Official and/or Grant Contact
ALL REQUIRE FORMAL PRIOR WRITTEN APPROVAL FROM USDOL.
The grant team (Betty & Dawn) will work with you and the grant Fed
Project Officer in attaining this approval timely.
WHAT IS THE MHW SCOPE OF WORK (SOW)?
• The grant was awarded $20 million based on products,
deliverables, number of participants trained, industry
trained, outcomes and other performance criteria
detailed in the technical proposal.
• The awarded technical proposal becomes the Scope of
• MoHealthWINs Scope of Work is 36 pages!
EXAMPLES OF MODIFICATIONS IN SCOPE OF WORK
• Adding or deleting a program of study.
• Changes in delivery method that might impact outcomes.
• Revision of deliverables such as the degrees or
certificates to be awarded.
• Change in Project Work Plan (pgs. 21-24 in SOW).
• Change in Progress & Implementation Measures (See
Table 9 in SOW).
• Realignment of Participants Served – impact on outcome
measures (See Table 10: Annual Outcome Measures).
• Industry has taken a new direction.
UNDERSTANDING THE MHW GRANT BUDGET
• The MoHealthWINs grant budget was approved as a
• Individual consortium member budgets “roll up” into the
consolidated budget. DOL will allow up to 20% variance
in all line items EXCEPT salaries, fringe benefits, and
• Variances apply to the entire consolidated 3-year budget
total rather than individual consortium member budgets
or yearly budget totals.
THE MHW BUDGET AND VARIANCES
3-YEAR AMOUNT OF
% OF VARIANCE
CATEGORY APPROVED VARIANCE
TOTAL (+ OR -)
Personnel 10,760,972 0% 0.00
Fringe Benefits 3,096,029 0% 0.00
Travel 418,647 20% 83,729
Equipment 1,066,603 20% 213,321
Supplies 1,179,091 20% 235,818
Contractual 1,354,398 20% 270,880
Other 551,175 20% 110,235
Indirect 1,555,381 0% 0.00
BUDGET AND EXPENSES
• Consortium members should submit an updated Budget
Narrative Form to request a budget modification.
• OTC will track all changes on a consortium-wide basis to
determine when a formal budget request needs to be
made to DOL.
In early stages of the grant, most changes
can be made without triggering a formal
budget modification. This will change
as we spend more cumulative funds.
MHW BUDGET MODIFICATION
• The Grant Team will request periodic consortium-wide
modifications. These provide an opportunity for changes
without time-consuming individual requests.
• The first global approval was submitted in January 2011.
• Each college’s program and financial team must work
together on program scope or budget change request.
NEXT CONSOLIDATED MODIFICATION FOR MHWS?
Planned for January submittal
Tentative Due Date:
Submit package to both: Betty and Dawn
MHW TOOLS TO HELP YOU
• Modification Checklist
• Budget Modification
• Modified Part II Tech
• Sample Mod Request
This PowerPoint and Other Informational Resources are
Available on the MCCA Website at: www.mccatoday.org
This workforce solution was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor's
Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does
not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of
Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with
respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not
limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy,
continued availability, or ownership.