Regional Offices and Agresso
Agenda & Introduction
NEW Overview of Agresso
Impact on cashbooks
IPSAS – International Real-time data
Public Sector Accounting
Standards compliant Impact on reporting
UC and CC clients
• General Ledger
• Accounts Payable
• Accounts Receivable
• Financial Reporting
Projects Costs & Billing
Budget Monitoring & Funds Control
Procure to Pay
Travel Module (end 2011 / early 2012)
• Regional Offices are recording their own
transactions in Agresso directly.
• Cashbooks will no longer be loaded by
Finance staff at HQ.
• Monthly bank reconciliations with bank
statements must be prepared and sent to
HQ as soon as possible after closing.
• Common tasks and responsibilities for all
• No delay in transaction recording, better
control of budget.
• Compliance with new Procurement Code,
coupled with Agresso database, ensures
common supplier records and purchase
order history are visible to all staff.
• Ability to create reports tailored to
individual office requirements.
• Real-time data ensures accurate figures.
• Ability of External/Internal auditors to
review all transactions including
• Better access to information.
• Increased efficiency.
Difficulties & Opportunities
• More in-house training for staff, this will
alleviate the burden when people are
sick or absent.
• Laser cheques from the bank. This will
eliminate the present duplication of work
and ensure transactions are entered in
• If unsure how to record a transaction,
ask questions. Agresso manual has most
Difficulties at HQ (a)
Here are some examples of Regional Office
issues we are experiencing:
• Cash transaction posted in a different
period; must always be posted in the
same period as original entry.
• Debits and credits are often inverted.
Agresso manual has guide to proper
• Wrong currency is sometimes used.
• Wrong fund is sometimes used.
Difficulties at HQ (b)
• Wrong accounts are used.
• Entries are sometimes duplicated.
• Entries are not recorded.
• Bank charges and interest earned, from
bank statements, must be recorded
• Ensure that correct project, work order
and fund are always used.
Difficulties at HQ (c)
• Finalize all transactions from beginning
to the end. Complete all steps as per the
• EI03 post approved transactions
• SU07 remittance proposal
• SU08 remittance confirmation
• SU11C payment
• It is imperative that all of the steps above
be completed and none are overlooked.
Difficulties at HQ (d)
• A/P transactions are not processed on
time, they are often processed after the
fact. This is causing big problems for
expenses recognition and for determining
correct cash position in Agresso. It also
affects the monthly foreign currency
• Incomplete / not clear transaction
description (include TA#, ASR#, etc.)
Difficulties at HQ (e)
• Journal vouchers - actual transaction dates
are not used but instead the date the
transaction was processed in Agresso is
• Transaction date for A/P entry should be the
invoice date, not the date it was entered
• Transaction date triggers exchange rate of
that day to convert transaction into CAD and
• Very important that correct date is used for
Difficulties at HQ (f)
• Correct bank accounts should be used:
Local currency account for local
currency payments and transactions and
US$ account for US$ payments and
• Monthly publications sales report must
be sent to HQ as soon as possible after
• Finance aims to close by the 6th
working day of each month but a
separate schedule is sent to all
• Monthly closing deadlines must be
• Year-end closing deadlines are strict
and must be respected.
• Audit timetable is dependent on the
year-end closing schedule.
Summary – Key points
• Review presentation with staff
• Transactions must be processed on
• No transactions after the fact.
• Respect closing deadlines.
• Bank statements are urgently
Montreal, 3 – 7 October 2011