Writing prompts The Immune System Ch 22
Introduction & NONSPECIFIC IMMUNITY
1. What is a pathogen?
2. What is the key role of the innate or nonspecific defense system?
3. What is the body's 1st external line of defense?
4. What are the 4 epithelial chemicals and their roles?
5. What are the respiratory tract structures that reduce invasion?
6. Internal nonspecific defense:
A. Define Phagocyte, then determine where these phagocytes are located and their function
d. Mast cells-
7. What are natural killer cells and what is their role?
8. What are the 3 inflamation respionces?
9. What are the 4 cardinal signs and what is their purpose? (hint check figure 22.2)
10. What is histamine & its purpose. When/ what context have you heard about histamines?
11. What is edema and its purpose?
12. figure 22.3, explain the 4 steps of phagocytic mobilization.
13. what is pus? Is is a good thing?
14. Explain what fever is and its purpose.