Benefits of utilizing
Edwards EST3 system
Advantage – Existing Equipment
• Compatible with existing EST3 Fire Alarm
equipment, digital audio amps “plug” in.
• Flexible audio configurations– multipriority
remote page inputs, zones outputs (suit com,
• Simple Interface to existing FireWorks for
• Optional automated daily test tones at pre-
set times – pre-recorded messages
Advantage – Operating Experience
• EST3 systems AFS at all operating units in
• OPGN CATid’s already exist for most
equipment – just need to add amps, etc.
• Design/Projects group EST3 trained.
• Control Maintenance EST3 trained. Spares
parts for EST3 in stock.
• EST3 Software procedures exist now.
• EST3 Maintenance procedures exist now.
Advantage - Qualification
• Meets fully the requirements of NBC 1995
• Audio is ULC Listed for Emergency use
• EST3 system is OPGN qualified, been
through HFE before.
• Software is currently CAT3 categorized
• EDWARDS and EST3 product meet
Advantage – Cost Effective
• Non-nuclear grade. Commercially available
• Can be interfaced to existing J-Boxes,
• Minimal project length - Pre-qualified and
categorized, ready to purchase.
• EDWARDS Direct pricing available to
Advantage – Faster Compliance
• Cost Effective – easier to budget over 1 year
instead of 3 or 4
• Equipment Already Qualified – jump to
• Previous OPGN Operating Experience –
• Flexible Installation to reduce field work
• Access to Edwards direct.