SK Unit 14 Y2 Page 108/109
Focus: Listening and speaking
Unit: 14 Precious drops
Content 1.3 By the end of the 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to understand and
Standard: respond to oral texts in a variety of contexts.
Learning 1.3.1 Able to listen to and demonstrate understanding of oral texts by: a) answering
Standard: simple Wh-Questions
By the end of the lesson, pupils will be able to state ways of saving water from the
Time: 60 minutes
Teaching Aids: Laptop , LCD, marker , board, worksheet.
Pupils can use the interview worksheet to interview their family members.
Lesson Link: http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/worksheets/saving-water
Prepared By: Connie Henry Anchangan
1. Pupils sing the song ‘ This is the way’ with action.
2. Teacher asks the pupils the following questions;
What do we use to wash our hands and our face?
How do you use the water?
Are you wasting water or saving water?
3. Teacher opens the following link, http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/worksheets/saving-
Teacher and pupils discuss the picture in the activity given. The pupils choose the pictures that shows
people wasting water.
4. Teacher continues the activity by dividing pupils into group. Each group comprises one interviewer
and 3 respondents. Note :Interview questions
Do you have a shower more often than a bath?
Do you use a bucket to wash a car?
Do you turn the tap off when you clean your teeth?
Do you put the plug in when wash your hands?
Note : Use the following marks: Never-0, Sometimes-1, Always-2 5 points or more - water waster Less
than 5 points-good water user.
The United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
5. In groups, students add to the poster they made in the previous lesson with a Dos and Don'ts list with
ways to save water that can be displayed in the school. Eg. Do turn off water when you brush your
Page 2 of 2