SK Y1 Unit 16 p. 71
Focus: Listening and speaking/Language Arts
1.1 By the end of the 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to pronounce words and speak
Standard: confidently with the correct stress, rhythm and intonation.
4.3. By the end of the 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to plan, organize and produce
creative works for enjoyment.
Learning 1.1.3 Able to listen to, say aloud and recite rhymes or sing songs.
4.3.1 Able to produce simple creative works with guidance based on:
b) action songs
Objectives By the end of the lesson, children should be able to:
: a) Sing the song with actions
b) Create a picture of their dream classroom
c) Complete the worksheet given.
Time: 60 minutes
Aids: Old newspapers, drawing papers, glues, scissors.
1. Teacher guides the students to read the song lyrics on page 71 in their textbook.
2. Teacher guides the students to sing the song with actions.
3. Teacher discusses with the students the objects mentioned in the song and asks the students whether
they can find the objects around them.
4. The students sit in pairs for the “My Dream Classroom” activity.
“My Dream Classroom”
The students can create a picture of their dream classroom. They can either:
i. draw it
ii. find pictures of furniture in old newspapers, cut and paste them on their drawing paper.
The United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
The students decorate their picture.
Teacher guides each pair to present their picture and talk about it.
5. The students complete the worksheet given in pairs.
Page 2 of 2