INFORMATION SECURIT Y
What are the Dangers of Being Connected to the Internet?
Computers connected to the Internet, are vulner-
able to those with malicious intentions. Common
dangers you should be aware of:
• Various types of Malware can be secretly
installed on your computer (Keyloggers,
Spybots, Spyware, Trojans, Viruses, and
• They can access your personal information
stored on your computer (passwords, banking
records, your identity).
• They can use your computer to attack other
• They can use your computer to send SPAM.
Some Precautions to Take
• Be aware of the dangers.
• Learn how to protect your computer. Keep your
OS, virus protection, antispyware software,
ﬁrewalls and Internet browser up to date with
the most current security patches.
Help us keep the University of Calgary and your information secure.
For more information on Safe Web Surﬁng, visit www.ucalgary.ca/it/