This Late Rent Payment Agreement is made between a landlord and a tenant who owes
past due rent. The tenant agrees to pay the past due rent by a certain date and also
must continue to make current and future rent payments. The landlord agrees not to
commence eviction proceedings as long as the tenant makes the scheduled payments.
This document contains standard provisions and may be customized to fit the specific
needs of the parties.
Late Rent Payment Agreement
THIS LATE RENT PAYMENT AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”) is made as of
- and -
WHEREAS by a lease dated __________ (the “Lease”) the Tenant leased from the Landlord
certain premises known municipally as __________, __________, __________ __________ (the
WHEREAS pursuant to the Lease, the Tenant currently owes __________ to the Landlord in
past due rent and fees;
WHEREAS the Tenant promises to pay the above amount of past due rent and fees, in full, by
no later than __________, with a good faith payment of __________ to be paid at the time of
execution of this Agreement;
AND WHEREAS in addition to the payment of the past due rent and fees, the Tenant will
continue to make all current and future rent payments;
NOW THEREFORE in consideration of the mutual covenants and agreements herein contained
and for other good and valuable consideration (the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged), the
parties hereto agree as follows:
1. If for any reason whatsoever, the Tenant does not follow through with the above
promises, the Tenant shall vacate the Property by no later than __________.
2. If the Tenant fails to make the above-mentioned payments, the Tenant gives the Landlord
permission to change the locks and re-rent the Property.
3. If the Property is unfurnished, the Tenant gives the Landlord permission to remove the
furniture from the Property and dispose of it in any manner the Landlord so chooses, in
the event the Tenant fails to make the above-mentioned payments.
4. The Tenant understands that it is the Tenant’s responsibility to pick up his or her personal
belongings and articles from the Landlord within __________ days after the locks have
© Copyright 2013 Docstoc Inc. registered document proprietary, copy not 2
5. In consideration of the above, the Landlord grants the Tenant the time between the date
this Agreement is executed and __________ to pay all rents and fees as stipulated above.
6. The Landlord agrees not to commence eviction proceedings or any other legal action as
long as the terms of this Agreement are being met in their entirety.
7. The Landlord reserves all legal rights granted under law for the remedy of nonpayment of
8. This Agreement constitutes an acknowledgement by the Tenant that the above-mentioned
past due rent and fees are accurate and valid, and that the Landlord is legally entitled to
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the parties hereto have executed this Agreement as of __________.
© Copyright 2013 Docstoc Inc. registered document proprietary, copy not 3