Portfolio requirements for MSc Digital Visual Effects and MSc Computer Animation
1. In digital form, either DVD, CD or web form(send link)- no paper/book forms accepted.
2. No more than 2 minutes long, all stills included. Longer films will not be watched- edit to the
best parts. No extra sections- all in the 2 minutes.
3. Should contain only personal visual work examples in any or all of these areas:
a. Design- web-product-architectural-furniture-print
b. Drawing or painting in traditional or digital media
c. Photography or film-making
d. Animation in drawing-flash- 3D
e. 3D modelling in renders
f. Digital effects shots
4. It is particularly impressive to see 3D computer graphics work. All applicants are advised to
download evaluation copies of 3D software, particularly Autodesk products, maya, max, XSi,
mudbox, and complete the getting started exercises in these- renders of these are good
5. We are looking for promise in making pictures that would suggest you would be able to
achieve a professional level by the end of our course.