Week 8 Presentation
Who are we?
• Fraser Somerville – Project Manager
• John Theis – Creative manager
• Edward Dorey – Lead Developer
• Carl Balding – Web Developer
• Chris Sparkes – Android Developer
• Sam Daubney – Apple Developer
What’s our project?
“Writees, upload and share your own unique
written work of any kind with anyone anywhere
anytime. Whether you’re an up and coming kids
fiction writer to a journalist, Writees allows you
to get your work out there for all to see and
Creating a Content Management System for
• Role: Project Manager
- To make sure the tea’s are made
- Bamboozle investors into giving money
- Business Plan
- Use of Redmine to track progress
Goals for the project
• Provide a website where writers can upload their written work and view
work of other writers
• Provide the ability for other readers to rate work and writers to comment
• Provide Mobile applications to allow the viewing of written work on
• Also incorporate the ability to have the written work sent direct to kindle
accounts for viewing on multiple platforms.
RedMine File storage
• Group meetings noted
and posted for all to see
uploaded as backups.
• Used for easy use
• File storage and sharing
• Linking to information
• The project can look to expand to users other than
• Can look to expand by linking with publishers, so we can
offer to introduce them to our best reviewed works to
• Look to linking with LinkedIn so that people could use the
service as a portfolio of work
• Gain sponsorship from publishers and in exchange allow
them to use our service as a test bed for work they have
• Role: Creative Manager
– Research existing Apps
– Creating designs for Application and Website
– Web Servicing
• Who’s our Competition?
– Story Tracker
• Why is our product Different?
– Writers free to publish their work
– Available on the Kindle
– Can be critiqued by other writers
Register Log in
Recently Story page
• Preliminary Designs:
• Web Servicing
– Why do we need it?
• Communicate between the App and the Website
• User can browse easily from any platform
• Secure for dataflow
• Security for Users
• Role: Lead Developer
– Design the web based application.
– Build the web based application.
– Test the web based application.
• Role: Web Developer
– Source reliable hosting and secure domains
– Build HDCoders.com
– Register and set up social networks
– Style Writees.com
– Developer code for ‘Download to Kindle’
• Linux hosting for HDCoders
• Windows hosting for Writees
• HDCoders.com and Writess.com secured
• Half Dozen Coders (HDCoders) website was set up to
advertise our business name and to link to our
• Personal email accounts set up @hdcoders
• Registered facebook.com/HalfDozenCoders
• Role: Android Developer
– Design the android based application.
– Build the android based application.
– Test the android based application.
• Drawn up UML diagrams to show classes and
functions that need to be written.
• Created a Login Page and Registration page that
write to a local database.
• Tested current pages for functionality.
• Implement a bio page for users.
• Call up information stored on a database.
• Implement interactive header.
• Role: Apple iOS Developer
– Design the iOS based application.
– Build the iOS based application.
– Test the iOS based application.
Where am I at the moment
• Created Login Page
• Created Registration Page
• Quick functionality between the two via use of a toggle
• Registration writes to a local database
• All current pages tested
• Current work
• Create the “home” screen
• View current posts
• Read from the main Writees Database
• Login and posts
• Write to the main Writees Database
• Submit Application to App Store for User Testing and
Where do we go from here?
• Complete Stage 1 on all parts of the project
– Web Site
– iPhone App
– Android App
– Web service
• Design and Plan Stage 2
• Ensure documentation is up to date and