1. Read the information on Emily Bronte. Write down points that you think
2. Research the historical period of Wuthering Heights. What were the
significant events taking place at this time? (scientific, philosophical,
economic, religious paradigms). Focus on the Industrial Revolution and
its impacts on society.
3. Revise the what ‘Gothic’ means. What are the elements of a Gothic
4. As you are reading, keep a summary of the events that occur in each
chapter. This will assist you in remembering key events.
5. We will focus our study of the text on
d. Language techniques
e. The text’s relationship to Romanticism.