Name: ____________________________________________ Per: _______ Date: ___________________________
POLYGONS AND QUADRILATERALS
1. What is the name for a seven-sided polygon? 8. What is the value of x in the
regular polygon shown?
2. Which of these is a concave polygon?
9. What is the measure of an exterior angle of a regular
10. If the measure of an exterior angle of a regular
polygon is 24, how many sides does the polygon have?
3. What would you call a 15-sided polygon?
11. In ABCD, mA = 53. What is mC?
4. How many diagonals can you
draw from one vertex of a
5. Which is larger, an exterior angle of a regular hexagon
or an exterior angle of a nonagon?
13. What is m2 in this
6. What is the sum of the interior angle measures of a parallelogram?
7. What is the measure of one interior angle of a regular
14. For what value of x must
ABCD be a parallelogram?
Use rhombus TQRS for Exercises 10–13. 22. In the isosceles trapezoid,
what is the measure of L?
15. What is the measure
a) 47 b) 74
c) 37 d) 53
16. What is the measure 23. What is true about the diagonals in an isosceles
of 2? trapezoid?
a) 47 b) 74 a. They are congruent.
c) 37 d) 53 b. They are perpendicular.
c. They are congruent and perpendicular.
d. The length of each diagonal is equal to half the
17. What is the value of x? sum of the bases.
a) 2 b) 1
c) 5 d) 4 24. LM is the midsegment of
trapezoid RSXY. What is
18. What is the value of y?
a) 4 b) 3
c) 2 d) 1
19. Why is it that the statement “all rhombuses are 25. For which value of x is ABCD a
squares” is false, but the statement “all squares are kite?
rhombuses” is true? Explain.
20. Which is the most precise
name of this figure? Extra Credit
1. Name the “swing states” that may determine the
c. rhombus 2012 Presidential Election.
21. For what value of x is
XYZA a rectangle?
2. Name the seven dwarves.