Outline for Sample Lesson Plan
1. Content Area: Includes Name, Subject, and Grade/Level Taught
2. Unit Title and Goals: Include Unit Title and Goals of the Unit that
will be met by the lesson. Include the standards (national, state, and
local) that will be met by the lesson (process and content).
3. Prerequisite Knowledge: What knowledge does the student need
to know in order to comprehend this lesson?
4. Lesson Title and Objectives: State the title and objectives for this
5. Materials/Media: A list of materials and media and the purpose for
the use of each.
6. Instructional Plan: A detailed list containing the following areas with
rough time estimates:
a. Set: How are you going to get the students interested and
b. Questions: Think of key questions you will want to ask during
the lesson and the questions students may ask during the
lesson. This may be set up in a two column format.
c. Instructional Procedures: Include a list of activities and what
the activity will accomplish and when it will be used.
d. Closure: What concluding remarks/activities will be used to
help students remember the lesson.
7. Assessment: What assessment techniques will be used to evaluate
the students’ understanding of the lesson.
8. Extensions/Additional Activities: List additional questions/activities
in case the lesson runs short and you need additional things to cover
or additional things to reinforce the ideas of the lesson.
9. Accommodations: What accommodations can be made in order to
meet the needs of all students.