By: Levi Baker
• Amedeo Avogadro was born in August 9,
1776 in Turin, Italy and died in 1856.
• Amedeo parents were Anna Maria
Vercellone Avogadro and Count Filippo
• . He married Fekicita Mazze they had 6
• He started to study mathematics and
physics started to teach at the college
attached to Turin Academy in 1806. In
1809 he became a professor at Vercelli
College for philosophy.
• In 1811 he came up with the hypothesized
that equal volumes of gases the same
temperature and pressure contains equal
numbers of their molecules.
• Avogadro was able to overcome the
hardships that Daltons and others came
up with when looking at atoms. People did
not use his hypothesis for half a century
after it was first made.
When it went public.
• Chemistry was so slow to organize news
of what Avogadro breakthrough he had till
1811. It wasn’t general till the first
international chemistry congress, in
Karlsruhe in 1860.
• (Oakes, 2007), Chemical Heritage
Foundation. (2005), Bryson, B. (2003).
• (Oakes, 2007).
• Chemical Heritage Foundation (2005).
• Bryson, B. (2003).