The Mormon Pioneer Trail
By: Kyle McLaughlin
Where It Started
• The trail started in the Illinois.
• The trail ended in Utah.
• The trail was 1,200 miles long.
The States That The Trail Went
• The trail goes through Illinois, Iowa,
Nebraska, Wyoming, and Utah.
The Thing’s They Would Have To
Bring With Them
• Farming tools
• A wagon
The Dangers Along The Trail
• Angry groups of people
• Buffalo stampedes
• Illnesses or accidents
Two Trials Encountered on This
• Blizzards in the mountains and crossing
the Platte River.
A Person Known For Traveling
• Joseph Smith
• He led the Mormons from Missouri to
• They built the city Nauvoo.
• The Mormons were not able to enjoy
Nauvoo for long.
• Dean, Arlan. The Mormon Pioneer Trail.
New York: Power Kids Press, 2003.
• Wilson, Laura. How I survived the Oregon
Trail. New York: A Beech Tree Paperback