Job Posting- Program Coordinator
MEER (Multi- Family Energy Efficiency Rebate)
Position: Program Coordinator, MEER (Multi-Family Energy Efficiency Rebate Program)
Reports To: Manager, Programs and Business Relations – GLOBE
Term: 1 year contract
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for promoting and supporting GLOBE’s mission “as a catalyst in transforming primarily
the social housing sector into a green sustainable culture through the development and delivery of technical,
training and education services through the administration, coordination and promotion of the MEER Program.
This position requires some travel throughout Ontario promoting and supporting clients participating in the program.
Stakeholder Relations, Marketing & Communications
1. Develops and re-purposes documents, including: expressions of interest, program applications, templates and
technical support requests.
2. Travels to and meets with potential participants and boards of corporations considering an energy
management plan; initiates ongoing and timely communications with stakeholders.
3. Attends off site meetings; including (but not limited to) provincial and national forums and marketing sessions.
4. Develops, promotes and maintains effective working relationships with non profit and co-op housing providers,
affiliated associations (e.g. ONPHA) and the social housing community at large, positioning GLOBE and SHSC
as key customer focused service providers.
Program Planning & Coordination
5. Works with the Social Housing Unit of the City of Toronto to identify high potential corporations as program
6. Maintains communication and relationships with participants; contacts program participants for updates.
7. Meets with participants through on-site meetings and/ or telephone contact.
8. Assists in the coordination of the Resident Training program offered to housing providers and their residents.
9. Attends on-site Resident Training sessions to ensure quality control and assist with logistics; including
operation of AV equipment, distribution of materials, census taking and recording of questions and answers for
the GLOBE website and future marketing.
10. Assists with the selection of an energy management auditor, using approved procurement procedures and
11. Travels to site and meets with energy auditors.
12. Provides support to the Manager, Programs and Business Relations (GLOBE) and General Manager
(GLOBE), and members of the Board of Directors in mining and securing new product and service
13. Responsible for the general administration of the MEER program and monitors participation in the programs as
14. Completes required documentation and reporting requirements.
15. Maintains program databases to provide quality accountability.
Required Skills and Abilities:
o Sound understanding of energy management practices, energy management services, and products
o Exceptional marketing, stakeholder relations and partnership development skills with a broad and diverse
group of stakeholders
o Understanding of municipal governance structure, decision making framework and administrative
relationship with other levels of government, other funders and the community
o Understanding of corporate and operational frameworks and culture associated with large and small not-
for-profit volunteer led organizations and the ability to work effectively within that framework
o Knowledge of the legislative, jurisdictional and program delivery framework for social housing in Ontario
(non-profit; co-op; public; assisted; market)
o Sound policy/program development and administration skills
o Proactive leadership skills, exceptional oral, written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
o Post-graduate or degree in business, marketing, environmental studies, administration, and/or
o Minimum 3-5 years of successful experience in business administration/project management and public
administration or implementing energy management plans or programs that may include supply
contracting, environmental sustainability or renewable technologies in private/public sectors
o Experience in housing program delivery an asset
Who We Are:
SHSC is a non-profit, independent corporation that works with social housing providers and municipalities to help
them excel at managing housing assets through programs in energy conservation, capital reserve investments,
insurance, natural gas purchasing, research and training. SHSC is governed by a board of directors that is made
up of key stakeholders in the housing community, including service managers, housing providers and provincial
A subsidiary of SHSC, GLOBE connects social housing providers, municipal service managers, property
managers, and social housing tenants with the tools and services to help them make smart choices about energy
and water use. It is a portal to advanced expertise, education, and any government and utility provider programs
and incentives available to the social housing community. GLOBE is governed by a board of directors with
environmental and housing experience who, along with staff, constantly seek innovative ways to approach and
nurture conservation and sustainability in the housing community.
How to Apply:
To explore this opportunity please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com on or before
October 22, 2009. We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be
For more information about SHSC and GLOBE please visit our websites at www.shscorp.ca and
Dated: October 7, 2009