REDLANDS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
TITLE Elementary Categorical Program Administrator
CREDENTIAL: Required Appropriate California Administrative Credential
EDUCATION: Required M.A. or M.S.
EXPERIENCE: Required Minimum of three years of credentialed service.
Desirable Five or more years of teaching and/or administrative
experience at the elementary level; bilingual.
QUALIFICATIONS: Character, personality, and proper social capability To relate
effectively with racially and ethnically diverse staff, students,
and community. Demonstrated ability to work with a wide
variety of community groups and organizations.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Under the direction and supervision of the principal, the Elementary Assistant Principal/Program
Coordinator will assist with the organization, administration, implementation and evaluation of
site level academic improvement programs, budgets, and staff development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As assessed by the supervisor, the duties of the Elementary Assistant Principal/Program
Administrator shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas:
1. Assist with, organize, and provide site staff development as it pertains to the academic
2. Where applicable, assist and facilitate in the development of site instructional support
strategies and programs.
3. Organize and coordinate site and community resource programs such as, but not limited
to, Building a Generation, Family Resource Center, and State Preschool.
4. Assist the Principal in the hiring, supervision, and coordination of instructional support staff
(student workers, assistants, teachers).
5. Support instructional programs through the selection and purchase of core and
6. Assist with the ongoing development, monitoring, and evaluation of the school plan.
7. As needed, plan meetings with and for certificated and classified staff as it relates to the
academic improvement process.
Elementary Categorical Program Administrator Page 2
8. Work with site parent committees, such as School Site Council (SSC), English Learner
Advisory Committee (ELAC), to ensure dissemination of school plan strategies and goals.
9. Assist in the development and supervision of school program budgets.
10. Assist with the scheduling of instructional enhancement periods/programs to support
11. Coordinate school-wide testing and data reporting.
12. Disseminate information regarding Federal and State regulations and advisories,
Coordinated Compliance Review (CCR) and Program Improvement (PI).
13. Coordinate Categorical Programs with School Site Council, Principal, and Director of
14. Attend appropriate meetings.
15. Other duties as assigned related to the development, implementation, review, and
evaluation of site level programs and staff development.