WSBA Event Director Job Description
The Event Director is expected to work on the planning, production and follow-up of all of the
WSBA annual events. These events will include: Fall Event, Community Service Lunch, Awards
Ceremony, Spring Event, and Women’s Small Business Conference. The Event Director will
organize and implement tasks for all coordinators assigned to the event. These coordinators will
include: Speaker, Auctions, Vendor and Registration. The Event director will work with the
marketing team and membership team. The Event Director will answer to the WSBA Advisory
board. The Event Director is expected to share in the strategic long-term vision of WSBA. She will
contribute to the growth of WSBA from both a tactical perspective in the day-to-day operations of
WSBA’s event production and more importantly, from a strategic, long-term planning perspective,
helping to bring new innovation and efficiency to fundraising for WSBA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Manages overall schedules leading up to, during, and after the event.
• Recruit volunteers to act as assigned coordinator
• Provides guidance and insight to coordinators to facilitate completion of their roles.
• Mitigates issues as pertain to timing, setup, and clean up of event.
• Facilitates communications between all coordinators and the WSBA board.
• Identify and solicit prospects for raffle donations for WSBA events.
• Provides all schedules and checklists, 3 months prior to an event, to the WSBA board.
• Research and present findings on the non profit/event environment, including ideas for new
fundraising opportunities for WSBA
• Participates in the strategic long-term vision of WSBA through suggestions for innovations
and efficiencies in special event programming.
• Provides continuous critical evaluation of current events to determine if they are effective
fundraising vehicles. Investigate new ideas for future development.
• Attend board meetings, applicable committee meetings and programmatic events as
• Provide event tracking including detailed updates on event progress (e.g., registrations, ticket
sales, money raised, costs, etc.) to the board to allow adjustment tactics for
increased/improved event performance. Track data after event close for final event reporting.
• Demonstrate strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and communication skills (both
written and oral). Possess a demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects, meet critical deadlines and work
independently, as well as part of a team.
• Possess an ability to interact professionally with potential donors, participants, external
vendors, volunteers and board members.
• Must be resourceful and creative - with a commitment to relationship building for WSBA
• Flexibility to attend the schedules of the planned events.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Strong Excel skills are a plus.
• Must have some fundraising event planning experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, list of events that you have worked on, and resume to
Linda Handley, WSBA Assistant Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org