Colonial Artifact Project
By Michelle Zhu and
• In Colonial days, ice tongs were used to
carry big ice cubes, or carry heavy
• It used by adult men
• it’s made of iron metal
Today’s Ice Tongs
• Today, we’re still using ice tongs, too! But they
don’t use them like they did in Colonial days. Now
they can be made out of iron metal, plastic, and
• We use them for cooking and salads and small ice
cubes. We don’t use them to carry big ice cubes, or
carrying heavy things because we don’t need the
big pieces of ice to keep our food cold like they
used to do, now we use refrigerators.
Spinning Disc Toy
• In Colonial days, there were toys called
Spinning disc toys.
• Colonial children used it.
• It’s made of string, and woods. They’re
used for playing.
Today’s Spinning Disc Toy
• Now Spinning disc toys are still used ,
but it’s very different than before. We
have electricity, so it’s a lot different.
• Now it’s made of plastic, string and
wood sometimes. It’s still used by
children, and it’s used for playing, too!