SK Y2 Pg 92/93
Focus: Listening and speaking
Topic: 12 On The Farm
Content 1.1 By the end of 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to pronounce words and
Standard: speak confidently with the correct stress, rhythm and intonation.
1.1.4 Able to talk about a stimulus with guidance.
Objectives: By the end of the lesson pupils will be able to
1. list out the names of animals in the song ‘Old Macdonald’
2. complete the crossword puzzle given with names of animals in the farm
Time: 60 minutes
Teaching Laptop, LCD, worksheet
Note: For a no tech lesson, teacher can use picture cards. As for the hangman game,
teacher can use board and marker. The teacher can read the clues and the pupils try
to answer them.
Lesson Link: http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/worksheets/farm-animals
Connie Henry Anchangan
1. Teacher tells pupils to look at the pictures and guess the animals. They are going to sing a song about
these animals - do they know which song it is?
2. Teacher and the pupils sing the song ‘Old Macdonald Had A farm’ from the following link;
3. The pupils then name the animals in the song.
Note: duck, cow, pig ,dog,
Teacher ask the pupils on other animals that can be found in a farm. The teacher writes the responses
on the whiteboard.
4. Teacher asks the pupils to practise the following sentence structure; There is a cow on the farm. To
practice they play spot the difference.
The United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
5. Teacher divides the pupils into pair and gives them the crossword puzzle printed from the following
5. A representative from each pair presents their answers.
Down: 1. horse 3. chicken 5. pig 7. duck
Across: 2. dog 4. sheep 6. cow 8. goat
6. Pupils play animal game at the following link;
Page 2 of 2