• NSTX completed 4.2 weeks of the planned 14 week run,
producing 839 plasmas in 885 attempts.
• Outage activities currently in progress:
- MSE-LIF Installation/Commissioning
- Tangential FIDA
- MPTS Upgrade
- 2nd SPA Upgrade
- New Center Column Mirnnovs
- Moly Covers for Bz Coils
- MPTS/BES Shutter Rebuilds
- NB Calorimeter Bellows Upgrade/NB TIV replacement
- NB Cryo Rebuild/Turbo & 1 ion source replacement
- OH Flex Bus Replaced /TF joint inspections (complete)
Additional Outage activity planning:
• LLD Plate fastener analysis in progress.
- Trial fit-ups of 3 rows of original graphite tiles.
- New “Super” Tile.
• Viable design to replace 44 inner divertor graphite tiles with
88 Moly tiles.
- ISTP delayed to late August.
- Investigating incentives for early/partial deliveries/
- Consider possibility of reducing scope to 44 tiles
• Disruption Mitigation GIS. Drop Lower Umbrella and select
• Outage for Upgrade to start in April 2012. FY12 Ops to
conclude in Feb, 2012, then 1 Month Diag. Calibrations.
• Need 20 weeks of Plasma Ops between now and Feb, 2012
• In-vessel construction (except Moly Tiles) to end on Feb,
2011, followed by 1 month of diagnostic calibrations.
• Moly Tile installations to begin in March for a late June
completion, followed by another week of diag. calibrations
• After ISTP (in August?), run 3 weeks on/ 1 week
maintenance through February, 2012