Department Name: Administration Policy No.
Departments # 11, 12 and 23
Use of Village of Alix Credit Cards
Status: Res. # Date
Approved 616/06 Oct. 17 2006
Policy Statement: The Village of Alix recognizes the necessity of transacting certain purchases
through credit cards issued in the name of the Village. The acquisition and
use of Lacombe County credit cards is hereby authorized in accordance with
the following guidelines and procedures.
1. For the purpose of this policy the term “credit cards” also means fuel
cards used at commercial card lock fuel facilities.
2. For the purpose of this policy the term “cardholder” shall mean a
person issued the use of a credit card by the Village of Alix.
3. Credit cards are to be used only when other purchasing methods are
impractical or not permitted by the supplier or vendor.
4. All credit card applications must be approved by the Village CAO and
5. Card holders will be required to complete and sign a “Village of Alix
Credit Card Use” form (see attached schedule 1 and schedule 1A)
6. Credit cards are to used solely for the purchase of goods and services
for the Village of Alix.
7. Cardholders using a Village of Alix credit card to make an
unauthorized purchase will be subject to immediate dismissal.
7. Cardholders shall be responsible for the safe keeping of the credit
card. If a credit card is lost or stolen it shall be the responsibility of
the cardholder to report the loss or theft to the CAO. Any expenditure
made on the card during any period that the card is not accounted for
shall become the responsibility of the card holder.
8. Credit Cards may be stored in the Village Office vault for security.
When a card is removed from the vault the date, time and cardholder
shall be recorded and the same shall be recorded when the card is
returned to the vault. The cardholder shall be solely responsible for
the card during the period the card is not in the vault.
9. All expenditures must have receipts, any expenditure not validated by
a receipt will become the responsibility of the cardholders.