OFFER TO RENT / LEASE AND DEPOSIT RECEIPT
A. On this _____ day of _____________________, 20____, OWNER received $________________ as a HOLDING
DEPOSIT from the undersigned, hereinafter called APPLICANT, who offers to rent from OWNER the premises
described as Apartment No. ______ at _____________________________________________________________,
California on the terms and conditions set forth in the OWNER'S Rental Agreement/Lease and to pay:
1. Rent in advance of $________________ per month, payable on the ________ day of each month, tenancy to
begin on the ______ day of ____________________, 20____, and to continue on a: (CHECK ONE) month-
to-month tenancy, _______ month lease period, but subject to any present resident vacating or the
availability of the premises.
2. A security deposit of $__________________ for a total amount due of $_______________, which includes the
above HOLDING DEPOSIT.
B. The offer is denied unless OWNER accepts the offer within ________ days from the receipt of APPLICANT'S
Application to Rent by depositing notice of acceptance in the mail or by giving oral notice by telephone or in person.
C. OWNER shall return the full amount received of the HOLDING DEPOSIT to APPLICANT if:
1. OWNER does not accept APPLICANT'S offer by the agreed date.
2. The premises are not available on the agreed date.
3. APPLICANT executes the rental agreement and pays OWNER the first month's rent and security deposit, in
which case the HOLDING DEPOSIT will be credited to the total amount due.
D. If OWNER or his AGENT fails to accept APPLICANT and:
1. The deposit by PAPLICANT was cash, cashier's check or money order, then the deposit will be refunded by
the OWNER/AGENT by mailing a check to the APPLICANT'S present address within three (3) business days.
2. APPLICANT'S deposit was a personal check, then as soon as the APPLICANT'S check clears, a refund check
will be mailed as stated above.
E. If, after notification of acceptance, APPLICANT fails to comply (by entering into the agreed rental agreement and
paying the first month's rent and security deposit by cashier's check or money order) by the ______________ day of
_________________________, 20______, OWNER may deduct from the amount received $_____________ per day
(monthly rent prorated by thirty days) for each day the premises are vacant from the date APPLICANT'S tenancy was
to begin to the date a new tenant takes possession; not to exceed the lease period. In addition, OWNER may deduct
an amount for damages (advertising, credit checking, AGENT costs, office expenses).
F. OWNER, within seven (7) days after the premises are rented to a new tenant shall return to APPLICANT at the
address shown below, any balance remaining, with an itemization of OWNER'S damages.
G. APPLICANT authorizes OWNER to deduct $____________ (per APPLICANT) from the HOLDING DEPOSIT to
pay the actual credit checking costs if APPLICANT falsifies any part of the Application to Rent, and APPLICANT(S)
shall be denied tenancy.
Applicant's Home Phone Address of Applicant
Applicant's Business Phone City & State