SafeMart Donates to The One Fund Boston to Help Recovery After Bombing
After the recent Boston Marathon bombing tragedy, the award winning home and commercial security
company SafeMart shows support for victims through donation to the One Fund Boston.
Online PR News – 25-April-2013 – Home security company SafeMart announced Monday it will join the
national business community to support Boston Marathon bombing victims through The One Fund Boston.
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino set up this charitable fund to help
those affected by the April 15 explosions. The mayor and governor announced the fund’s creation one day
after the bombings that killed three and injured 180 people. Since their announcement, individuals and
companies have committed more than ten million dollars to support the first responders and civilians
In the wake of the Boston tragedy, SafeMart President Chris Johnson, who began his career as an
ambulance EMT, reaffirmed the company’s commitment to nationwide safety.
“Last week’s events touched the entire country, not just Boston” Johnson said. “SafeMart stands with the city
of Boston and its innumerable heroes who responded with courage and strength during a difficult time.”
The company will make a donation on behalf of each new customer that signs up for its security service this
week. “Growing up in Boston, I’m proud and grateful that our company is going to support the city while it
recovers” said Boston native and SafeMart employee Dan Aronson.
“Our hearts and thoughts are with Boston,” Johnson added. “We feel it is imperative to aid those affected by
Individuals can donate to this fund as well at www.onefundboston.org. The contributions to The One Fund will
be divided among victims and their families to streamline the donation process.
“We are one Boston. We are one community,” Mayor Menino said when announcing The One Fund. “As
always, we will come together to help those most in need. And in the end, we will all be better for it.”