1. 1.1. These are the rules of Aspers (Swansea) Casino. The Proprietor of Aspers Casino is operated by Aspinalls (Swansea) Limited (the Proprietor)
The Objects of the Casino are:2. To provide Patrons with opportunities for lawful gaming and other social and recreational facilities including the provision of food and refreshments;
3. 3.1. 3.2. The Casino is owned by the Proprietor. All powers of the Proprietor in these Rules may be exercised by the Directors of Aspinalls (Swansea) Ltd and by Management of the Casino. The Proprietor will provide the Casino with the premises and all reasonable necessities for carrying on the Casino in accordance with its objects and these rules. The Proprietor shall be the sole authority for interpreting the rules of the Casino premises and settling any disputes relating to the affairs of the Casino. The conduct of Patrons and any questions arising as to the rights or powers or duties of the Proprietor in relation to the Casino shall be solely determined by the Proprietor.
Officers and Management
4. 4.1. Any one or more members of Management may review Aspire membership applications and suspensions. The Proprietor or Company Officers may from time to time repeal or amend these Rules as they see fit for the well being of the Casino and its Patrons. Any Rules or Regulations so decided shall be binding on the Patrons. Self excluded members may only be reviewed by the General Manager or Head of Gaming Manager.
5. The Casino will open during the hours permitted for the time being by the Gambling Act 2005 or any amending or substitute legislation. Intoxicating liquor may only be supplied in the Casino during the hours permitted by the Premises Licence and whilst the Casino is open and prepared to receive Patrons. Patrons must be at least 18 years of age or over to enter the premises. Any Patron who appears to look under 21 will need to prove they are 18 or over by provided photographic identification and be required to join Aspire if they are 21 or under. The Proprietor reserves the right to shut off any portion of the Casino premises at any time to exclude Patrons there from. The Proprietor will prevent access to the Casino to anyone acting in a disorderly manner or anyone who in its judgement is intoxicated. Patrons are prohibited from bringing alcohol onto the premises and may be refused entry if found in possession of alcoholic beverage. Patrons whose personal attire is unacceptable to Management may be refused entry. The Proprietor reserves the right to request any Patron who is believed to be intoxicated to leave the premises.
5.1. 5.2. 5.3. 5.4. 5.5. 5.6. 5.7.
In the interests of safety of all Patrons and Staff, Patrons must be prepared to offer any hand luggage, bags, carriers or the like for inspection by the Proprietors staff appointed to that duty. The Proprietor and Management reserve the absolute right to refuse permission to carry any articles that appointed staff consider being inappropriate for passage into the Casino. All property whatsoever from time to time brought into the Casino by any Patron shall be at the sole risk of the person bringing such property onto the premises and neither the Proprietor nor any employee of the Proprietor shall be liable for any loss or damage to any such article, however occasioned. No games of hazard or of chance shall be played on the Casino premises other than those games agreed by the Proprietor in the course of its business. No Patron may participate in gaming on the Casino premises on behalf of any person not present on the premises at the time, and no Patron shall so participate or endeavour to participate unless he is present on the Casino premises at the time. The Proprietor shall fix total monies payable in respect of any game played at the Casino for which table money is chargeable and the time or sessions during which such games may be played in accordance with the provisions of these Rules. No credit shall be given to enable any persons to take part in gaming or in respect of losses by any person in gaming, to which rule shall be no exception. Within the terms of the Data Protection Act, for reasons of safety and crime prevention sound and images are continually monitored and recorded throughout the Casino. In addition the Proprietor will use information for administration, customer services, marketing and carrying out appropriate security or financial checks. Marketing may contact Aspire Members by mail, e-mail, phone or text messaging service about our services or promotions, which may be of interest to Members unless the Member has specifically indicated no correspondence in their original application. For the comfort of all Patrons, mobile phones must not be used whilst gaming whether at the gaming tables, electronic gaming terminals, gaming machines or in the card room. Cameras or any other recording device may not be used in the Casino without the approval of the Management. The Proprietor has absolute discretion to require any Patron found in possession or suspected of being in possession of any electrical, mechanical or computerised article or device for use in component within the Casino premises to leave the premises and where appropriate to suspend, terminate membership or not allow access to the Casino. It is the Proprietors policy not to discriminate, and not to knowingly permit others to discriminate, against staff or Patrons on the grounds of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. Management has an absolute discretion to suspend or terminate the Membership of any Patron found to be in breach of this policy. The Proprietor is committed to ensuring the health and safety of its Staff, Patrons on these premises so far as is reasonable and practicable and the proprietor will comply with all relevant legislation and approved codes of practice. Aspers Staff and Patrons have a responsibility to act in a responsible manner to ensure their own health and safety and that of others in the Casino. The Proprietor is committed to maintaining a safe environment in which Patrons may enjoy the facilities provided. The manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession or use of drugs or controlled substances is prohibited on the premises (this includes all land, property, building and parking areas) and offenders membership will be revoked. The Proprietor will also cooperate with the police in such matters.
5.13. 5.14. 5.15.
5.16. 5.17. 5.18.
The Proprietor will not tolerate disruptive behaviour. Behaviour will be deemed „disruptive‟ if casino property is intentionally damaged, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour are used towards its Patrons or the Casinos Employees. The Proprietor has an absolute discretion to suspend or terminate the membership or refuse entry. The Proprietor may initiate and will fully support a criminal investigation following an act of violence against any of its Patrons or its Employees. The Casino will share information about any criminal act committed in the Casino by Patrons with other Proprietary Gaming Clubs or Companies and the Authorities. Systematic or organised money lending between clients on the premises is strictly forbidden. Smoking is only permitted in the designated area. Any person found to be smoking on the premises, not in the designated area, may be asked to leave.
5.23. 5.24. 5.25. 5.26.
Protection of Customer Funds
6. Funds are not protected in the event of the insolvency of Aspers Group Limited.
Complaints and Disputes
7. Any complaint or dispute should be raised immediately with a member of the Management team. Should you be dissatisfied with the outcome of a gaming dispute you should ask a member of the Management team for a dispute resolution leaflet which outlines the process of further complaints
8. Aspers recognises that a small proportion of its Patrons may experience problems as a result of their gambling. Aspers is committed to a policy of promoting a responsible attitude to gambling and provides free literature within its Casinos for the information and benefit of all. Aspers will ensure that its management and staff are aware of this issue so that they may offer assistance wherever possible. The Casino also offers a self-exclusion programme with a minimum self-exclusion period of 6 months. Further information on responsible gaming can be obtained via www.gambleaware.co.uk
ASPIRE LOYALTY SCHEME TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These are the terms and conditions which govern the issue and use of the Aspire Loyalty Card (“Card”). In these terms and conditions “Aspers” means Aspers Group Limited and “Member” means a person who is 18 or over and to whom a Card has been issued. Patrons must be at least 18 years of age to participate. These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with the above Casino rules, and are available online at www.aspersswansea.co.uk Anyone 21 or under must be an Aspire Member.
1. Admission to the Aspire loyalty scheme (“Loyalty Scheme”) may only be granted at Aspers total discretion following an application to Aspire Membership. An application may only be made in respect of an individual. Suitable identification must accompany the application which shall include a photographic image being taken of the applicant and retained by the Casino, before membership is accepted. Aspers reserves the right to refuse an application for any reason and shall not be obliged to explain its reasons for its refusal. The Card remains the property of Aspers and Aspers reserves the right to change these terms and conditions for the Loyalty Scheme at anytime by posting such changes on its website and on the premises. Aspers may suspend or withdraw Membership from any Member who in its view abuses the Loyalty Scheme or in any way brings the Loyalty Scheme into disrepute. The details of all Members are kept in files administered by: The Data Controller, Aspers (Swansea) Casino, Salubrious Place, Wind Street Swansea SA1 1EE and will be used for company purposes only. Employees of Aspers are not eligible for the Loyalty Scheme. Aspers reserves the right to suspend points to Members who have been suspended. Only one membership of the loyalty scheme per person is permissible. The Loyalty Scheme has three status levels - blue, silver and gold and the benefits of each level is explained in greater detail on the Aspers Website and available from reception. Tier points must be earned annually in order to maintain status level. The Card and Loyalty Scheme benefits are not transferable. It is the responsibility of the Member to notify Aspers of any changes to their details including but not limited to their change of name and address. This may be done by at the Aspers reception desks. Aspers may use the information relating to Members for administration, customer services and marketing. All benefits and rewards are subject to availability. Only the Member listed on the card may receive account information or engage in any transaction within the Loyalty Scheme. In the event of death or bankruptcy of a Member membership the Loyalty Scheme will thereupon be cancelled and will also result in forfeiture of the available points balance.
6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12.
13. 14. 15. 16.
In the event of a lost or stolen Card, the issue of replacement Cards to a Member is at Asper‟s absolute discretion. Members can only have one active Card at any one time.
19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. Members giving their Card or details to any other person for the purposes of using this to gain points may have their Memberships either cancelled or suspended at Aspers absolute discretion. Members can only accrue attendance points once per gaming day, per casino. A gaming day is defined as the opening hours of the casino as specified by the Rules. Total Points balance is only valid for 6 months from the date of your last recorded visit. Expired points cannot be reclaimed at any time. Points are awarded subject to system availability. Aspers reserves the right to adjust a Members point totals where points have accrued as a result of malfunction, operator fault, misrepresentation or any other reason. In the event of a dispute, Aspers decision will be final & binding. Members who opt out of the Loyalty Scheme forfeit all of their available points Any members who have opted out may apply to re-join the Loyalty Scheme and if accepted will not be able to re-instate any past accrued points at the time of opt out. No points will be earned on any purchase that is paid for by using points from the Loyalty Scheme. “Member get member” (explained in greater detail on the Aspers notice board) earned points are only accrued on the introduction of an Aspire Member,
31. 32. 33. 34 35. 36. 37. Points are redeemed subject to system availability. Any vouchers/ rewards/ points cannot be redeemed/ exchanged/ transferred for cash. Any rewards that are redeemed and are subsequently lost are the sole responsibility of the Member. Aspers will not be held responsible and have any liability for third party products and services for whatsoever reason and howsoever arising. Once an order for any product is placed, it cannot be changed for another reward item. Any Member may be excluded from the upper tiers (silver and gold) based on Aspers absolute discretion. GOVERNING LAW Both parties agree that these terms and conditions shall be governed in all respects by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and both parties each submit to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.