http://JanetAronica.com | @JanetAronica
JanetAronica@gmail.com | 716-725-9565
SHAREAHOLIC – HEAD OF MARKETING
Boston, MA: November 2011 – present
• Lead multi-channel user acquisition and marketing strategy (social media, email, blogging and product partnerships
with blogger networks and other publishing software) to grow Shareaholic's publisher network and increase
engagement to our consumer content discovery product, Shareaholic Channels.
• Grew Shareaholic blog from ground-up to reach 40k visits and 500 subscribers m/m through different testing topics
against key buyer personas, content formats and content promotion. Scaled knowledge and team by recruiting and
hiring marketing manager to increase content output.
• Lowered cost per acquisition by more than 50% by initiating switch to new ESP. Managed list cleansing,
segmentation, scoring and migration for more than 200k contacts.
• Initiated and manage communication of customer feedback from social and support teams to product team to drive
product roadmap; improvements decreased user churn by 9.5% in 5 weeks.
• Increase Shareaholic's brand awareness and category definition through earned and owned content. Secured coverage
includes Bloomberg TV, TechCrunch, NYTimes, Forbes, Fortune, The Next Web, Reuters, Mashable, and WSJ and
guest writing placement includes Mashable, Social Media Examiner, Social Media Today and ProBlogger.
Speaking engagements: Springboard Conference (September 2012), WordCamp Boston (July 2012), BU PRSSA (April
HUBSPOT – MARKETING MANAGER
Boston, MA: August 2011 – November 2011
oneforty was acquired by HubSpot in August 2011.
• Earned opportunity to manage company’s social media lead generation efforts through self-initiated presentation to
CMO. Developed and implemented strategies for user acquisition and lead generation on HubSpot's social media
channels, including community management and PPC.
oneforty – DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & COMMUNITY (PROMOTED FROM COMMUNITY MANAGER)
Boston, MA: June 2010 – August 2011
• Led marketing efforts around oneforty’s business model shift from a B2C app store to B2B SAAS product. Increased
business user profile signups 5x (Oct 2010 – Jan 2011), by doubling M/M blog traffic, executing segmented email
marketing campaigns and providing ongoing support to new users.
• Built a vibrant online community of over 100k online profiles and 23k email leads from the ground up; developed
oneforty’s content marketing strategy and leveraged social media channels to acquire new users.
• Optimized limited budget for user acquisition by managing a team of freelancers, an intern and guest bloggers.
Authored blog articles and ebooks and produced and promoted webinars to drive new leads. Generated more than 2k
leads in first webinar.
• Supported SEO strategy by developing keyword-rich site content and URLs, optimizing site meta data and
collaborating with UX designer on site pages.
Speaking engagements: BlogWorld Las Vegas 2010 (panelist), MIT Forum (March 2011), Social Media Club of Boston
(March 2011), and SCVNGR Social Media Summer School Series (June 2011).
Kel & Partners – ACCOUNT COORDINATOR
Boston, MA: August 2009 – June 2010
• Owned blogger outreach, media list research and social media content strategy for consumer and tech startup clients.
• Secured targeted coverage for clients in Associated Press, PetSugar, and top parenting blogs.
• Enhanced Agency’s social media visibility by contributing content to the employee blog and social media presences.
• Launched and managed the Agency’s intern training program; responsible for five interns’ training and contributions
to twelve Agency accounts.
St. John Fisher College, 2009
BA Communication & Journalism – GPA 3.8
• Gained experience with five marketing, PR and broadcast news internships.
• Active participant in PRSSA and Assistant Agency Director and founding member of PRIMA Connections, a student-
run integrated marketing agency.