Surprises According to Humphrey
Project By: Hope
Book By: Betty G. Birney
• Humphrey: because is always solving problems. He is so
cute and funny. He is always there for his friends.
• Mrs. Brisbane: because she is so nice. She’s always solving
problems for the kids. She’s everyone's favorite teacher.
• Miranda: She is nice and sweet. She is always helping
Humphrey. She is Humphrey's favorite person.
• Mr. Brisbane: He is nice to Humphrey. He is Humphrey’s
friend. He took Humphrey to a place that entertains
• Garth: He plays guitar. He is nice to people. He is A.J.’s best
• When Humphrey was getting chased by a
cat named sweettums. Sweettums owner
got the cat in time so Humphrey wasn’t
eaten. A.J.’s little sister found Humphrey.
• Mr.brisbane toke Humphrey to a place
where people are entertained. Humphrey
entertained the people. Everybody said
“hey, look at that!”
Fantasy vs. realism
• Fantasy: Humphrey can talk, write and spell.
He can solve people’s problems. He also
knows how to open his cage.
• Realism: Humphrey is a cute, cuddly hamster.
Ogg is a real frog. Cats love chasing little
Changing the Story
• Humphrey has a friend that is a hamster. He lives in the cage
with him. He does everything with Humphrey. They have
adventures together. It would change the story by making it
more exciting because they could do a lot of fun and crazy
• Ogg can talk back to Humphrey. It would make the story
better because they could talk to each other.
• Garth has a little sister so A.J.’s little sister can play with her.
It would change the story because then she would be in the
• I would recommend this book because it was
cute and funny when Humphrey had his
adventures. I liked how they had wacky
Wednesday to get Heidi to raise her hand. I
liked when Humphrey tried to solve problems.