The Number 25
Some Interesting Math and
Everyday-Life Facts About 25
By Adrian Signell
I Chose 25 Because…
• I wanted to know more about 25 in general.
• I see it very often in everyday-life and
wanted to know more about it, in what
cultures it’s special, etc.
Math Facts About 25
• 25’s Factors are 1,5 and 25
• It is a square number (5x5)
• It is an odd number
• It is a composite number
• Can be dived into 100 Equally
• Is a forth of 100
Interesting Facts About 25
• December 25 is known as Christmas Day
• Pachisi (Hindu word for 25) is one of the national games of India
• It takes 25 earth days for the sun to complete a rotation on
• 25 is the number of years of marriage marked in a silver
• 25 is the name of the national card game of Ireland
• Spanish football goalkeeper Pepé Reina wears kit number 25
Prime Time Pg.21
Would you’re special number be a good starting number
in the factor and product game? Why or Why not?
The number 25 would be a good starting number in the factor
game because you would get 25 points and your opponent would
only get 6 points. However, 25 would not be a good starting
number in the product game because 25 is on the far left side
of the game board when your trying to get a number in the
Prime Time Pg. 36
Is your special number odd or even? Explain.
The number 25 is an odd number because it is not divisible by 2 and
every even number is divisible by 2.
What are the factor pairs of your special
The factor pairs of 25 are 1 and 25, 5 and 5 (square).
Prime Time Pg.60
The prime factorization of 25 is:
5 x 5
In other words: 5x5
What Relationship Does The Sun Have With
a. The average temperature on the sun is 25 degrees
b. It takes 25 Earth days for the sun to make a full rotation
c. The sun’s mass is 25 billion Kg.
d. If you’re within 25km of the sun you will melt.
You should work on your listing
Could you have done any
My great-great grandmother
has better hearing than you…
and she’s dead!
I will personally speak with
Ms. Maggie about your great
Hope you enjoyed Adrian’s marvelous
slide show about the number…