Mark: Hi! I´m Mark. What´s your name?
Susan: Hi! I´m Susan Jackson.
Mark: Are you a new member of this club?
Susan: Yes, I am.
Mark: Can you swim?
Susan: Well… I´m learning. I´m a beginner. And you?
Mark: Yes, I can.
Susan: Can you ride horses?
Mark: No, I can´t but I would like to.
Susan: I can teach you if you want.
Mark: Can it be this weekend?
Susan: Sure. That´s fine with me.
1. Mark the sentences as True (T) or False (F).
• a) Susan´s surname is Smith. ______
• b) Susan and Mark are talking about
what they can or can´t do. ____
• c) Susan is a member of the club. ____
• d) Susan can swim very well. ____
• e) Mark can´t ride horses. _____
• e) Susan is going to teach Mark how to
ride horses. ____
2. Answer some questions
about the text.
• a) Who is Susan?
• b) Can Susan ride horses?
• c) Can Mark ride horses?
• d) Can Susan swim?
• e) What can Susan do very well?
Who can dance?
Who can ride a bike?
Who can climb a tree?
Who can jump?
Who can sing well?
Who can swim?
Who can cook?
Who can drive a car?
Who can run fast?
Who can play football?
Who can speak English?