SCHEDULE OF OPEN AGILITY TEST
[Held Under Kennel Club Rules & Regulations H & H (1)]
THE HIGHLAND SHOW GROUND
FRIDAY 25 , SATURDAY 26thth
& SUNDAY 27th July 2003
Guarantors to the Kennel Club
Mr. S. Troyer (Chairperson), 6 Loirsbank Road, Cults , Aberdeen AB15 9NE
Mrs. J. Taylor (Honorary Secretary), 4 Fetternear, Kemnay, Aberdeenshire AB51 5JF
Mrs. C. Henderson (Honorary Treasurer) Tighnfraoch, Leschangie, Kemnay, Aberdeenshire AB51 5PP
Entries Close: 16th June 2003 (Postmark)
Entries (enclosing SAE for running orders) to be sent to:
6 Loirsbank Road, Cults
Aberdeen AB15 9NE
Telephone (01224) 868459
E mail: email@example.com
Molly Troyer, 6 Loirsbank Road, Cults, Aberdeen AB15 9NE Tel. (01224) 868459
Linda Kerr (Friday 25th July 2003)
Mark Lambley (Saturday 26th July 2003)
Maureen Walker (Sunday 27th July 2003)
Veterinary Surgeon (On Call)
Ardene House Veterinary Practice, Skene Road, Kingswells, Aberdeen Tel. (01224) 740700
Show Opens: All Days 8.00am
Briefing: All Days 8.15am
Judging: All Days 8.30am
*See Inside For The “Aberdeen Agility Week”*
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Entry Conditions: Dogs entered at Kennel Club Licensed Agility Shows must be registered at the Kennel Club in accordance with Kennel Club Regulations
for Classification and Registration B. The Registration number will be required for each entry. Entries postmarked after 16th June 2003 will not be
accepted. Separate entry forms must be completed by each competitor and must be signed by competitor or by Authorised Agent in accordance with the
provisions specified thereon. All dogs resident outside the U.K. must be issued with a Kennel Club Authority to Compete Number before entry to the show/
event can be made. All overseas entries without an Authority to Compete Number will be returned to the exhibitor/ competitor.
2. Fees: Entry fees are £1.90 per dog per class. Camping fees are £5.00/motor home, caravan or trailer tent/ night and £3.00/tent/ night. Units may arrive from
2pm on Thursday 24th July 2003 and vacate by 7pm on Sunday 27th July 2003. Camping on site will be limited to 110 units and these units must be pre-
booked. No entry will be accepted without correct entry fee, and all exhibits are entered at their own risk.
3. Refusal of Entries: The Committee reserves to itself the right to refuse entry.
4. Puppies: Puppies under 18 calendar months of age on first day of the Show are not eligible to compete for Kennel Club Licensed Agility Tests.
5. Not For Competition Entries: Not for competition entries will be accepted for dogs aged 4 (four) calendar months and over. Dogs must be Kennel Club
registered with their details recorded on the entry form.
6. Mating of Bitches: The mating of bitches within the precincts of the Show is forbidden.
7. Bitches in Season: No bitch in season is allowed to compete.
8. Treatment of Dogs: No person shall carry out punitive correction or harsh handling of a dog at any time within the boundaries of the Show.
9. Leads: Dogs must not wear slip chains, collars or leads when under test.
10. Appointment of Judges: Should a judge be unable to fulfill the appointment to judge, the Committee reserves the right to appoint another judge. The
Committee reserves the right to appoint an additional judge if they consider this necessary.
11. Judges Decision: No competitor shall impugn the decision of the judge or judges.
12. Sponsorship: All sponsors and donations of perpetual trophies are noted in the “Schedule of Classes” for each day of the Show.
13. Marking: Standard marking will apply according to Kennel Club Regulations H1 (b).
14. Jump Obstacle Heights: The heights of all jumps in all Standard classes (1-5, 8-10, 15-20, 23-26, 31-36, 39-42, 47,48) will be 2ft 6ins (762mm). The
heights of jumps in all Midi classes (12, 14, 22, 28, 30, 38, 44, 46) will be 1ft 8ins (508mm). The height of the jumps in all Mini classes (6, 11, 13, 21, 27,
29, 37, 43, 45) will be 1ft 3ins (381mm). Competitors may only enter one type of class with each dog i.e. Standard, Midi or Mini. Junior class jumps will be
reset to appropriate heights for Midi and Mini dogs.
15. Minis: Those dogs eligible to compete in competitions for mini dogs are those measuring 1ft 3ins (381mm) or under at the withers.
16. Midis: Those dogs eligible to compete in competitions for midi dogs are those measuring over 1ft 3ins (381mm) and those measuring 1ft 5ins (432mm) or
under at the withers.
17. Judges Dogs: Judges at an Agility Test may not enter for competition a dog which is recorded in their ownership or partnership or handle a dog at the Test
at which they are judging. Judges may enter a dog N.F.C. for the purpose of testing the course prior to the start of competition.
18. Withdrawal of Dogs from Test: A dog will be withdrawn from competition and removed from the Test if it is:-
a. A bitch which is in season.
b. Suffering from any infectious or contagious disease.
c. Interfering with the safety or chance of winning of an opponent.
d. Of such temperament or is so much out of hand as to be a danger to the safety of any person or other animal.
e. Likely to cause suffering to the dog if it continues competing.
19. Eligibility: In estimating the number of awards won, all wins up to and including 7 days before the date of closing of entries shall be counted when entering
for any class i.e. 9th June 2003.
20. Availability for Class(es) / Running Order: It is the competitor’s responsibility to be available for their class and running order.
21. More than one Dog in a Class: Handlers who have more than one dog in a class must ensure that the dogs compete in the sequence in which they are
drawn. Failure to do so may result in elimination.
22. Changes to Arrangements: Should circumstances so dictate the Society in consultation with the judges may alter arrangements as necessary. Such changes
and the circumstances surrounding must then be reported to the Kennel Club.
23. Registration of Dogs: Dogs must, at the time of entry for the Competition, be registered as required by the Kennel Club Rules & Regulations in the
Competitors’ name (or registration or transfer applied for). In the case of a partnership the full name of every partner must be given. In the case of dogs
recorded as owned by a limited company, the directors and the secretary of the limited company will jointly be considered for the purpose of the
Regulations. A dog acquired subsequent to entry having been made at a Competition may compete as the new owners’ property provided that an application
for the transfer has been forwarded to the Kennel Club before the Competition, and the new owner has undertaken to abide by the Regulations and
Conditions of the original entry form.
24. Animals in Event: No animal other than one officially entered shall be brought into the precincts of the event during its continuance, except any dogs
registered to assist the disabled, or dogs required for educational or instructional purposes or by permission of the General Committee.
25. Competitors Briefing: A briefing of competitors will be held 15minutes prior to the start of each class.
26. Dogs Unattended: No dog must be left unattended at any time.
27. Removal of Dogs Faeces: Handlers must pick up after their dogs at all times within the Show ground, exercise area and the park. Failure to comply could
result in elimination from the Show.
28. Camping: No disposal type barbecues are permitted to be used on this site. A “Fire Safety” handout will be included in the “Arrival Pack” issued on arrival.
Each unit will supply their own filled water bucket.
29. Loss or Damage: No responsibility will be accepted for loss, damage or whatsoever to persons, dogs or property at this Show.
30. Abandonment: In the event of abandonment of the Show through circumstances beyond their control, the Committee may defray any expenses incurred in
preparation from entry fees.
31. Questions: Should any questions arise not provided for in these Regulations or the Kennel Club Rules, the Show Committee’s decision shall be final subject
only to appeal to the Kennel Club
32. Class Entry: A dog may enter only Standard, Mini or Midi Classes not a combination.
33. Rosette Allocation: The Show Committee reserves the right to increase rosette numbers to 10% of class entry.
PLEASE KEEP THE SITE AND VENUE AREAS CLEAN
PICK UP AFTER YOUR DOG
Thanks to all who are to attend our show in 2003. This year we have again expanded to 3 full days with 5 runs per day eligibility for standard dogs and 3 for
mini/midi dogs. In addition we are proud to host the “Galloway Midi Agility Challenge 2003”, where the first two so far unqualified dogs of this heat will be
eligible to compete at the final, held at the Newton Heath Show, Tatton Park in June 2004. Once again, in an effort to promote club unity, our club is tracking the
K.C. registered club with the most Burgess points over the course of our show. Congratulations to Kingdom of Fife who will receive privileged camping at this
Thanks to all of you for supporting Britains most northerly K.C. Licensed Show. Our aim is to provide a show with that little bit extra that both you and your dog
We gratefully acknowledge all our class sponsors, donors of perennial trophies, Royal Canin who have generously donated dog food for the winner of each
class and Aberdeen City Council for allowing us to use this beautiful park. Please have a safe journey and enjoy your weekend.
Scott Troyer (Chairperson)
Equipment: Hired from Norton Agility Equipment Hire.
Refreshment & Snack Facilities: Provided by on-site caterers on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Rosettes: Rosettes are supplied by Norton Rosettes.
Dog food prizes: Donated by Royal Canin
Photography/gifts: Studio FX Shotz Agility Photography: Apart from photographs products also include prints, keyrings, mousemats, paperweights, badges etc.
Fire Extinguishers/ Equipment sponsored by Shell.
Disposal Facilities: on site for caravan waste, hired from RB Farquhar.
No Disposable Barbecues are permitted to be used on this site. Only free standing are accepted but their contents must be disposed of correctly/safely.
“Pay As You Go” Ring (Time and weather permitting) will operate for club funds.
New For 2003 Show: Full 3 day programme of events, “Galloway Midi Agility Challenge 2003”, StudioFX Star Shotz
Agility Photography and Caravan waste disposal.
ABERDEEN AGILITY WEEK Timetable of Events
EVENT DETAILS DATE
Licensed Agility Show Standard, Mini & Midi Classes Saturday 19/7/03
See Schedule for more info. Sunday 20/7/03
Free Access To Granite City D.A.C. Training Visiting Competitors are invited to Monday 21/7/03
use GCDAC training facilities for
Ground/Equipment this period at Denburn, Kingswells, TO
For more information contact Molly Troyer (01224) 868459 Aberdeen (Only 5min from Show Thursday 24/7/03
Venue, see Map)
Granite City D.A.C. Licensed Agility Show Standard, Mini & Midi Classes Friday 25/7/03
See Schedule for more info. TO
ELIGIBILITY OF CLASSES AND CONDITIONS
In the following definition of classes, First Prize wins are for those gained at any Kennel Club Open Licensed Event (i.e. Invitation and
Special Classes excluded). Agility classes include contact points and Jumping classes do not include any contact obstacles. With this
proviso, classes on both days are defined as follows:
Elementary: For owners, handlers or dogs which have not gained a third prize or above in an Agility and / or Jumping class at a
Licensed Agility Test.
Starters: For owners, handlers or dogs, which have not won an Agility and / or a Jumping class at a Licensed Agility Test (Elementary
Novice: Open to dogs, which are not eligible for Senior or Advanced classes.
Intermediate: Open to all except dogs eligible for Elementary & Starter classes at a Licensed Agility Test.
Seniors: Open to dogs which have won at least two first prizes, one of which must be an agility class, at a Licensed Agility Test.
(Elementary & Starter wins excepted)
Open: Open to all.
Mini: Open to dogs 15” (381cm) or under at the withers.
Midi: Open to dogs over 15” (381cm) and under 17” (432cm at the withers).
MINIS & MIDIS WILL NOT BE MEASURED UNLESS THERE IS A DISPUTE ON SIZE
(CLASS 38) GALLOWAY MIDI AGILITY CHALLENGE 2003/2004 RULES
1. Eligibility for the Agility Competition will be as per the K.C. Regulations H for Midi height dogs in force at the time of the event. Judges
may measure the placed dogs prior to the prize-giving to ensure they comply with K.C. height specifications for midi dogs. Any dog not
within the height range for midi dogs, in the opinion of the judge after measuring, will be disqualified.
2. The competition must be judged under the appropriate Kennel Club Regulations H in force at the time of the event. Competitors entering
the competition will be deemed to have agreed to abide by the rules and regulations.
3. Competitors may enter more than one dog in a Heat, and may qualify more than one dog for the Final. Each Heat is open to all Midi dogs.
4. Qualifiers may enter further Heats for competition. Handlers who gain a place in a Heat with a previously qualified dog should inform the
show secretary on the day of this fact.
5. The competition for the 2004 Final will consist of at least 10 and a maximum of 16 Heats, with the first 2 so far unqualified dogs from
each Heat going through to the Final.
6. Dogs placed first to fifth will be awarded points towards an additional prize for the dog/handler combination doing best in the heats
overall. These will be awarded in the following ways:- 1st place = 5points, 2nd place = 4points, 3rd place = 3points, 4th place = 2points, 5th
place = 1point.
Rosettes: 1st to 6th in all Mini Classes, 1st to 6th in all Midi Classes, 1st to 15th in all Starter Classes, 1st to 25th Open Classes, 1st to 20th
in all Intermediate Classes, 1st to 25th in all Novice Classes, 1st to 7th in all Senior Classes 1st to 10 th in all Elementary Classes.
(Clear round rosettes for all clear rounds of Starter & Elementary Classes. No forward posting of clear round rosettes will occur)
(Promotion rosette will be awarded to handler’s who achieve Senior/ Advanced status at show)
Otis Memorial Rosette will be awarded to the best placed G.S.D. in Class 48 kindly donated by Maureen Walker
Trophies: 1st to 3rd in Elementary, Starters, Mini, Open, Novice, Intermediate and Senior Classes. 1st in Midi Classes.
Prizes: 1st Prize in each class will receive a bag of dog food from Royal Canin.
Prize for 1st place in Class 16 kindly donated by Sam’s Pet Stall.
Best Starter in Show: “Griffin of Gairn Trophy” kindly donated by Anya Westland. Points will be awarded for classes: 10,16,26,32,
42 & 48. 15pts for 1st place down to 1pt for 15th place. Dog with the highest points will be deemed the winner. In the event of a tie, the dog with the greater
number of starters placings will win. If a tie still exists, the dog with the most starters agility placings will win. If a tie continues the dog with the least
accumulated course times in starters agility will win. At this final elimination stage, should the tied dogs not have any agility placings, then the dog with the
fastest jumping placing wins.
Best Senior in Show: “Mystic Lady Senior Shield” kindly donated by Alan Gordon. Points will be awarded for classes: 8,15,25,31,39
& 47. 1st place – 20 points, 2nd place – 15points, 3rd place – 10 points, 4th place – 6pts, 5th place – 4pts, 6th place – 2ptsb and 7th place – 1pt. Dog with the
highest points will be deemed the winner. In the event of a tie, the dog with the greater number of senior placings will win. If a tie continues the dog with the
most senior agility placings will win. If a tie continues the dog with the least accumulated course times in senior agility wins. At this final elimination stage,
should the tied dogs not have any agility placings then the dog with the fastest jumping placing wins.
Best GCDAC Standard Dog in Show: “Ardene House Agility Cup” kindly donated by Ardene House Veterinary Practice.
Points will be awarded to Granite City D.A.C. dogs in classes 1-5,8-10,15-20,23-26,31-36,39-42,47 and 48 as follows: 15pts for 1st place down to 1pt for 15th
place for classes stated above. Only rosette places are points indexed linked. Dog with the highest points will be the winner. In the event of a tie the dog with
the greater number of placings in relevant classes will win. If a tie still exists the trophy will be shared.
Best GCDAC Mini/ Midi Dog in Show: “Technip - Coflexip Agility Cup” kindly donated by Technip - Coflexip. Points will
be awarded to Granite City D.A.C. dogs in classes 6,7,11-14,21,22,27-30,37,38 and 43-46 as follows: 15pts for 1st place down to 1pt for 15th place for classes
stated above. Only rosette places are points indexed linked. Dog with the highest points will be the winner. In the event of a tie the dog with the greater
number of placings in relevant classes will win. If a tie still exists the trophy will be shared.
All Perennial Trophies/Shields must be signed for and returned engraved prior to 2004 July Show at the recipients expense.
are delighted to be associated with the Granite City Dog Agility Show
for the 3 consecutive year and wish all competitors an enjoyable and successful show.
Q u a li t y K - 9 P h o to g r a p h y
S e e y o u r p e t in a c tio n T O D A Y !
H ig h e s t Q u a lit y P r in t s O N S I T E !
Y o u r I m a g e s A v a i la b le o n C D !
V i e w I m a g e s F r o m Y o u r S h o w s O n T h e It e r n e t !
(n e w im p r o v e d se r v ic e fo r 2 0 0 3 )
w w w .s tu d io f x .c o .u k
e - m a il: a g ility @ s tu d io f x .c o .u k
C o n ta c t U s N o w to C o v e r Y o u r E v e n t!
SCHEDULE OF CLASSES FOR FRIDAY 25TH JULY 2003
CLASS 1: Intermediate Agility “Sponsored by Shell” Judge: Pete Wade
CLASS 2: Novice Jumping “Sponsored by Highland Logistics” Judge: Pete Wade
CLASS 3: Novice Agility “Sponsored by Technip-Coflexip” Judge: Stewart Mitchell
CLASS 4: Intermediate Jumping “Sponsored by Bennachie Electronics Ltd” Judge: Stewart Mitchell
CLASS 5: Open Agility “Sponsored by Chap Construction” Judge: June McKinnon
CLASS 6: Mini Open Agility “Sponsored by ANC Express Parcels” Judge: June McKinnon
CLASS 7: Midi Open Agility “Sponsored by www.petplanet.co.uk” Judge: June McKinnon
CLASS 8: Senior Jumping “Sponsored by Westfield Farm” Judge: June McKinnon
CLASS 9: Elementary Jumping “Sponsored by Kirkhill Bed & Breakfast” Judge: June McKinnon
CLASS 10: Starters Jumping “Sponsored by Morven Veterinary Group” Judge: Dane Redford
CLASS 11: Mini Open Jumping “Sponsored by R.B. Farquhar” Judge: Dane Redford
CLASS 12: Midi Open Jumping “Sponsored by www.studiofx.co.uk” Judge: Dane Redford
CLASS 13: Mini Special Down & Out “Sponsored by Ashgrove Veterinary Centre ” Judge: Dane Redford
CLASS 14: Midi Special Down & Out “Sponsored by R. Davidson Painters & Decorators” Judge: Dane Redford
CLASS 15: Senior Agility “Sponsored by Bojentay Australian Cattle Dog” Judge: Dane Redford
CLASS 16: Starters Agility “Sponsored by W.K. Swan Veterinary Practice” Judge: Dane Redford
Reserve Judges: Blair Cochrane, John McEwan
SCHEDULE OF CLASSES FOR SATURDAY 26TH JULY 2003
CLASS 17: Intermediate Agility “Sponsored by Jeeves Couriers” Judge: Rona Hughson
CLASS 18: Novice Jumping “Sponsored by Morven Veterinary Group ” Judge: Rona Hughson
CLASS 19: Novice Agility “Sponsored by Shell” Judge: Chris Park
CLASS 20: Intermediate Jumping “Sponsored by Bridge Veterinary Clinic” Judge: Chris Park
CLASS 21: Mini Open Agility “Sponsored by Kirkhill Bed & Breakfast” Judge: Jane Norwood
CLASS 22: Midi Open Agility “Sponsored by W.K. Swan Veterinary Practice” Judge: Jane Norwood
CLASS 23: Open Agility “Sponsored by Technip - Coflexip” Judge: Jane Norwood
CLASS 24: Elementary Jumping “Sponsored by Bojentay Australian Cattle Dog” Judge: Jane Norwood
CLASS 25: Senior Jumping “Sponsored by Meadows Veterinary Clinic” Judge: Jane Norwood
CLASS 26: Starters Jumping “Sponsored by Bennachie Electronics Ltd” Judge: Nicola Ward
CLASS 27: Mini Open Jumping “Sponsored by Westfield Farm” Judge: Nicola Ward
CLASS 28: Midi Open Jumping “Sponsored by Freebird Alford Florist & Pet Shop” Judge: Nicola Ward
CLASS 29: Mini Special Down & Out “Sponsored by StudioFX Star Shotz” Judge: Nicola Ward
CLASS 30: Midi Special Down & Out “Sponsored by Chap Construction” Judge: Nicola Ward
CLASS 31: Senior Agility “Sponsored by R.B. Farquhar” Judge: Nicola Ward
CLASS 32: Starters Agility “Sponsored by R. Davidson Painter & Decorators” Judge: Nicola Ward
SCHEDULE OF CLASSES FOR SUNDAY 27TH JULY 2003
CLASS 33: Intermediate Agility “Sponsored by Shell” Judge: Carol Rogers
CLASS 34: Novice Jumping “Sponsored by Technip-Coflexip” Judge: Carol Rogers
CLASS 35: Novice Agility “Sponsored by Chap Construction” Judge: Louise Walker
CLASS 36: Intermediate Jumping “Sponsored by David S. Wilson – Abbotswell Vet” Judge: Louise Walker
CLASS 37: Mini Open Agility “Sponsored by www.studiofx.co.uk” Judge: Morag Kelly
CLASS 38: Midi Open Agility “Galloway Midi Agility Challenge 2003” Judge: Morag Kelly
CLASS 39: Senior Jumping “Sponsored by www.petplanet.co.uk” Judge: Morag Kelly
CLASS 40: Elementary Jumping “Sponsored by R.B. Farquhar” Judge: Morag Kelly
CLASS 41: Open Jumping “Sponsored by Kirkhill Bed & Breakfast” Judge: Morag Kelly
CLASS 42: Starters Jumping “Sponsored by Jeeves Couriers” Judge: Wilma Baillie
CLASS 43: Mini Open Jumping “Sponsored by Technip-Coflexip” Judge: Wilma Baillie
CLASS 44: Midi Open Jumping “Sponsored by Highland Logistics” Judge: Wilma Baillie
CLASS 45: Mini Special Down & Out “Sponsored by W.K. Swan Veterinary Practice” Judge: Wilma Baillie
CLASS 46: Midi Special Down & Out “Sponsored by Westfield Farm” Judge: Wilma Baillie
CLASS 47: Senior Agility “Sponsored by ANC Express Parcels” Judge: Wilma Baillie
CLASS 48: Starters Agility “Sponsored by Shell” Judge: Wilma Baillie
Reserve Judges Sat/Sun: Simon Green, Susan Noble, Blair Cochrane, John McEwan
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ENTRY FORM AND SEND WITH A CHEQUE AND SAE (for running orders) TO:
Molly Troyer: 6 Loirsbank Road Cults Aberdeen AB15 9N
Directions to Venue
UNITS MAY ARRIVE FROM 2PM ON THURSDAY 24TH JULY
From the North: A96 (Inverurie Road) onto Auchmill/Great Northern Road, turn right up A90 (North Anderson
Drive). Continue on this until you see “Fire Station” on the right. Turn right at next roundabout go along Kings
Gate. At the next roundabout turn right, along Skene Road. Turn Left along Groats Road this takes you around to
entrance gate of venue.
From the South: From Dundee take the A90 to Aberdeen. A90 (Stonehaven Road) onto A90 (South Anderson
Drive) ASDA will be on your left hand side, continue on South Anderson Drive and turn left along Queens Road,
travel approx. 750m through second set of traffic lights, continue straight through roundabout along Skene Road.
Turn left along Groats Road. Road takes you right around to entrance gate of venue.
From A96 Inverurie Road
Auchmill Road N FS
Gt Northern Road
Denburn Livery A
N Kirkhill Guest
*GCDAC R (Graeme & Jane Franklin)
Training S 27/29 Station Road, Dyce,
facility at O
Aberdeen AB21 7BA
D Approx. 15min. drive from venue
available to all R and we allow dogs.
FS Phone/Fax (01224) 723210
Groats Road V
Skene Road Station E
from show Kings Gate
Entrance City DAC
Show Site Hazledene Road
Queen’s Road S
TOURIST INFORMATION E
If you require information on other caravan sites, B.&B.’s or R
Hotels, please contact: S
Aberdeen & Grampian Tourist Information Board O
St Nicholas House, Aberdeen D
Tel. (01224) 632727 R
STATION Bridge of Dee
Sainsburys FS B&Q
From A90 Stonehaven Road