Y3 Unit 6 p. 46
Topic: Identify the Pet
3.2 By the end of the 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to write using appropriate
language, form and style for a range of purposes.
3.2.1 Able to complete:
( a ) linear texts ( b ) non-linear texts
By the end of the lesson, pupils will be able to:
1. name the animals shown on the pictures and match the features of the animals correctly by
labelling the parts of the animals body .
2. complete the notes of the animals given on the worksheet and
then write simple sentences about their favourite animal.
Time: 60 min
Aids: 1. Game: Find the pet that fits the features.
2. Pet Flashcards:
3. Animal flashcards:
4. Animal parts flashcards:
Lesson Link: http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/fun-games/identipet
Prepared By: Polly Steven
1. Teacher shows the pupils some pictures of the animals like dog, cat, rabbit, bird and fish. Ask
if they know which animals that live on land and in the water. This is to bring them to the topic
of identifying animal’s features.
2. Teachers show the pictures that shows the parts of animal’s body such as scales, fins, feathers,
beak , tail and etc.
The United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
3. Pupils name the parts after the teacher.
4. Teacher plays the video from the link given using the projector. Pupils listen carefully the
features of the animals mention before picking the answers. Pick another 3 animals to make
the pupils opportunity to see more of the animal features.
5. Teacher picks one animals (e.g the fish) and gets the pupils talk by answering the Wh-Questions:
Where does the fish live?, What is its body covered with and what other features the fish has. Teacher
guides them by showing and naming the pictures of the animals parts ( fin, scales, tail, etc).
6. Teacher shows two other animals and picks few pupils to come forward and label the parts of the
7. Pupils make simple sentences: E.g The fish has fins. The body is covered with scales. Fish live in
8. Teacher shows the sample of the worksheet using the LCD. Pupils read together the description of
9. Pupils complete the written work as given in the instructions. To make this task a little more
interesting students can make their own crazy pets similar to the dangerous animal link below. Teacher
can draw their own crazy pet using the body parts in the lesson. Togetheras a class a description can
be written and then students can use it as an example to follow when they draw and write about their
own crazy pet.
Page 2 of 2