TEACHER CHEAT SHEET
1. If all students are present, click the All-Pres link. To record class
attendance, click the Class link.
2. When the page opens, maximize the page, and make sure the Default
Date is correct.
3. Change attendance codes for students by clicking on the options under
the student’s pull-down menu.
4. You may choose to leave the Record Attendance page open, to see
recorded attendance. To do this, click the Redisplay after Post checkbox,
before applying changes.
5. Click Apply Changes.
6. If you chose to redisplay, you may close the page, or click the “Main
Window” button to return to the Teacher Main page.
a. NOTE: Attendance can be recorded from the Weekly Planner
(under the Teacher menu) or by choosing “Attendance” from the
Class Menu for the selected class.
Create Categories: (Many teachers do not use categories. If grading by total
points, do not set up categories. DWTP or Daily Work Total Points will be
available to use as the default.)
1. From the Teacher Main page, go to the “Teacher” Menu.
2. Click on Categories.
3. Create and weight your categories.
a. An example is HW for the “ID” and Homework for the
Description. If Homework is 40% of your grade, then under
Weight you would simply put 40 (no % sign is needed).
Enter your other categories, for example, TEST for the ID
and Test for the Description with a Weight of 60.
Remember, the category total must equal 100% or the
b. Click “Apply Changes”. When you add an assignment, you
will now see the Categories you created. Select the
category to put the assignment in.
c. See the Help button at the top of the Category Maintenance
page for more help on adding categories.
HOW TO ADD AN ASSIGNMENT (Graded Assessment or Daily Lesson)
1. Go to the Assignment column on the Teacher Main page and click New
2. In the Common Information Table, fill in and select the required
information and an optional description if desired.
o Assignment Heading: Enter the heading you will use to identify
the assignment. It may not be more than 20 characters long.
o Assign Date and Due Date: Click on the day of the week you
wish to Assign and make Due the assignment. The defaults for
the first and second Assign/Due Date weeks are the current week
and next week, as determined by the Default Date on the Teacher
Main page. The date may be entered by hand in month/month,
day/day, year/year format. Required
o Select one Class/Subject: The class will be highlighted, from
which the New Add Assignment link was clicked. This is the grade
book to which assignment will be added. Once on the Add
Assignment page, teachers may select any class to add an
assignment, regardless of which class was selected when the page
o Enter an Assignment Description (Optional).
3. If this assignment is to be graded, enter points in the Points field in the
Graded Assessment table.
4. Select Category, Grading Period, Weight, and Apply Changes.
5. To add a full Lesson Plan, enter Teacher Content (for teacher’s eyes
only and optional) and Lesson Plan Content, then Apply Changes.
HOW TO ASSIGN TO MULTIPLE CLASSES
1. After adding information for an assignment, and before applying changes,
find the table that reads, Select the multiple classes/subjects you wish
to assign to!
2. From the list of classes, use the mouse button to drag and select all
classes, or the control (Ctrl) key, and left mouse button to select and
deselect classes to add the assignment.
3. Apply Changes.
4. Use the Graded Assessment table for each class to make any changes to
the assignment for individual classes.
5. Apply Changes to assign to multiple classes.
TIP: To add an a assignment and grades to multiple classes at the same time,
use the As Assigned pull-down menu, and select the As Assigned/Grades
HOW TO ADD GRADES (SPREADSHEET)
1. Click on the Spread Sheet link for the class.
2. Click in first grade box for the assignment.
3. Enter grades in points, percentage, or alpha. Click the down arrow or
Enter key to move down the column, or Tab to move across the row.
4. After entering all grades, Apply Changes.
HOW TO ADD GRADES (ADD GRADES PAGE):
1. Click on the Spread Sheet link for the class.
2. Click on the Number Link for the assignment, above in the Spread Sheet,
or below on the Lesson Table.
3. Select choice for Record Numeric Grades As.
4. Click in grade box for first student in the Grades column and enter points,
percentage, questions correct, questions incorrect or alpha grade, per
choices made in #1.
5. Select individual student Assigned status in the Assigned column.
6. Apply Changes.
HOW TO DELETE A GRADED ASSESSMENT: (Use #4 and #5 to Delete an
Assignment with No Grades)
1. Click on the Spread Sheet link for the class, and then click on the number
link for the assessment, above in the Spreadsheet or below on the Lesson
2. On the Add Grades page, click the Excused Assigned button near the
top of the page and Set the Finished Recording Grades option to “No”.
3. Apply Changes and Refresh the Spread Sheet.
4. Click the Delete link now found in the Delete column on the bottom
Lesson Plan Table.
5. Click the Delete Assignment or Delete Assignment and Lesson Plan
button. Refresh your Grade Book to see the change.
HOW TO RECORD AN M-0 (MISSING WITH A ZERO)
1. Open the Spread Sheet, and enter an m-0 in the student grade box and
2. Click on the Spread Sheet for the class, then click on the number link for
3. For No Grade & Required, select Missing –0. If the student’s grade box
is left empty, the system will enter an m-0 in the student’s grade box on
4. In the Assigned column for the student, select Missing and enter a zero in
the grade box and apply changes.
HOW TO RECORD AN m-NG (MISSING NO GRADE)
1. On the Spread Sheet, enter an m-NG in the student’s grade box.
2. Click on the Spread Sheet for the class.
3. Click on the Number Link for the assignment.
4. In the Assigned column for the student, select Missing and apply
HOW TO EXEMPT or EXCUSE (NA not assigned) A STUDENT FROM AN
1. On the Spread Sheet, enter an NA in the student’s grade box.
2. Click on the Grade Book for the class.
3. Click on the number link for the assignment
4. Find the student name, in the Assigned column click the pull-down
arrow, and select Exempt.
5. Apply Changes.
HOW TO ENTER AN ASSIGNMENT AND GRADES
1. Click the New link and enter Common Information and Graded
2. In the Graded Assessment table, for How Assigned, select As
3. Apply Changes.
4. Upon applying changes, the Add Grades page will open for the
assignment and classes selected.
5. Change any Graded Assessment information for each class; enter grades,
and Apply Changes.
Add Standards - Using the Standards option, teachers will select standards for a
subject/class, and this standards list will be attached to that subject/class for
future assignments and lessons. Teachers will use this list to select objectives,
instead of using the entire state standards list.
HOW TO SET AND ASSIGN STANDARDS
1. Click the New link for the class.
2. Click the Select Standards button.
3. When the page opens that reads, “You must assign standards that you
are going to use in this subject!”, click the Add Standards button.
4. Click the Assign Standards button on the next page to see a list of
standards. Using the various level links, or Assign from List button,
assign all levels that will ever be used for this class, and click the Assign
5. Close all windows until you see the Post Status page. Click the Post
Status button to see the standards which have been attached to this
6. When all standards have been added, close all standard windows.
7. The Teacher Main page will need to be refreshed, before the new subject
standards will be available on the Add Assignment page.
8. The next time the Add Assignment page is accessed, and the Select
Standards button is clicked, the list added to this subject/class will be
9. Use the level links or Assign From List button to select standard
objectives. Click in each objective box for to add to the assignment, or
click the Select All button then the Assign button.
HOW TO CREATE AN ASSIGNMENT TEMPLATE
1. Click on the New link for any class.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page to the Setup table.
3. From the Go to Setup option, select Create New
4. The Order options determine the order teachers will view the tables on the
template. Order of Graded Assessment – select First, Second, Third, or
5. For Order of Standards, Lesson Plan, and Order of Multiple
Assignments, use the pull down menus to select First, Second, Third,
Fourth, or Not Shown to not see the table at all
6. Select Monday of Week One and Monday of Week Two. The default for
both Week One and Week Two Assign and Due Date, is the current week
as determined by the Default Date on the Teacher Main page. Teachers
may change the dates from Plus One to Plus Five weeks out.
7. Enter the default Points, Category, Weight, and As Assigned status for
8. Click the Change Setup button to create this template.
9. From the Teacher Main, select the new template from the New
Assignment Options pull down menu, then click a New link for a class to
use the template to add an assignment.