Factors Affecting Liposuction Cost
So how much does liposuction cost? It's a question often asked by appearance-conscious
individuals. Unfortunately, there is no definite answer since prices vary from clinic to clinic, and
the price differences are always fluctuating. The common assumption though is that it is
expensive, but that doesn't mean it's not affordable. The price often ranges from $2000
upwards. Looking for a cosmetic surgeon who charges realistic and affordable fees is not that
difficult if you know how and where to look.
Liposuction cost depends on several factors….The most prominent being the following:
1. Liposuction technique to be employed
2. Area of the body that is going to undergo treatment: Liposuction of the upper abdomen
for instance usually costs $4000. Other parts of the body (like the arms, butt, lower
abdomen, thighs and hips) demand often lower costs. Their costs range from $2000 to
3. State of your health: Though it is now among the routine cosmetic procedures and safe
enough for the average man and woman, liposuction is not advisable for patients who
suffer from autoimmune diseases, diabetes, different heart and artery conditions,
restricted blood flow and a history of blood clotting. The state of your general health
will also influence the total cost of liposuction if the surgeon accepts to do the
4. Reputation of the cosmetic surgeon
5. The amount of fat you wish to get rid of:
6. Other fees: There are also extra costs that have nothing to do with the procedure itself.
You will have to pay some fees for the pre and post operational facilities such as
laboratory tests, anesthesia, the required compression garments to wear, travel costs
and accommodation facilities if the clinic is not in your area, etc.
7. Country where the surgery is performed: Emerging countries cost less than developed
countries. For example: India costs less
You may have heard about cosmetic surgery financing and you may be tempted to apply for it.
However, this is not highly recommendable because it may become too expensive in the long
run. The best way to approach liposuction surgery is by trying to save some money in advance.
For more information on Liposuction prices check out the Effective Plastic Surgery website