J O B D E S C R I P T I O N
Directorate: Inspection and Fitness to Practise
Location: Lambeth, Central London
Reports to: Investigations Team Manager
To provide efficient and timely administrative support to the Investigations Team and the
Investigations and Case Management Team (as required).
1. Routine administrative tasks including handling post, typing, photocopying, scanning,
preparation of template letters, filing, answering general correspondence and dealing with
telephone calls appropriately;
2. Assisting on casework as directed, including sourcing documents to support case
management and sending acknowledgements and responses to correspondence received,
3. Organising meetings, as required, including collating and dispatching papers both prior to
and after meetings, organising meeting rooms and catering;
4. Providing administrative support to the Investigations Team and the Investigations and Case
Management Team, including preparing agendas, writing minutes, undertaking follow up
action, transcribing documents, budget coding, tracking deadlines, maintaining records for
the team as required;
5. Acting as one of the points of contact for the team and communicating relevant
information, co-ordinating outgoing post, processing expenses and placing stationery orders
6. Assisting with setting up systems, procedures and training packages for the team and
keeping data up to date;
7. Assisting with organising inductions for new staff, including organising IT equipment and
other tools required to undertake the job;
8. Collating and analysing data to assess performance against set quality targets;
9. Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time, including occasional cover for
other administrative staff within the Inspection and Fitness to Practise Directorate, if
Accurate and timely preparation of meetings;
Accurate and timely preparation of required data;
Effective distribution of post and other required communications to the field staff;
Effective management of case work;
Development and maintenance of efficient and effective administrative procedures
Contribution to team achievement.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
Graduate calibre (or equivalent);
Well developed organisational/administrative skills;
The above is not exclusive or exhaustive and may alter depending on the needs of the GPhC
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The starting salary for this position is £22,800. Salaries are normally reviewed in June of each
The weekly hours are 35, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. There is a flexitime system in
operation within the GPhC, the core hours of attendance being 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon and
2.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m. per day.
Holiday entitlement for this post is 25 day per annum pro rata, plus all Bank Holidays.
As a non-contractual benefit, you will be eligible to join the NHS pension Scheme after
completion of 3 months service (The GPhC reserves the right to withdraw this pension plan, and
its terms may alter).
Interest free season ticket loans are available to staff after successful completion of a
probationary period. Subsidised staff restaurant facilities are available.
The position is based at 3 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7SP, within walking distance of
Waterloo, Lambeth North and Vauxhall stations. The Headquarters is located at Lambeth
Bridge overlooking Lambeth Palace and the Thames. The GPhC operates a ‘non-smoking’ policy
throughout its premises.
Return of applications
Applications should be returned to:
Human Resources Support Services
General Pharmaceutical Council
129 Lambeth Road