Hey Kids we are going to take a trip today and pick up
some cool facts on the way… Guess where we are going
way back into time…..yup you got it Ancient Egypt. Did you
ever why the pyramids were
built and how did the build
them or why in the world
would they use Hieroglyphics??? Well you are about to find Ancient Egypt was known for
out……………. their unique style of art and
Hieroglyphics especially in the
Ancient Egypt here we go…. tombs let’s take a look at
Before we begin let’s find out some cool stuff… Follow the link Nebamun's tomb
to answer the following questions.
What continent is Egypt located
The wall paintings are from
the tomb of a nobleman
What is the capital of Egypt? named Nebamun.
Nebamun's tomb was built
What is the longest river in Egypt?
around 1400 B.C. near the
By 3,000 BC the Egyptians had a town of Thebes
thriving civilization. The Nile River provided them with water
excellent farmland, transportation and wildlife everything the
people needed for a good life. We know how ancient Egyptians
lived by studying their well-preserved writings, paintings,
sculpture, jewelry, furniture, tools, buildings and much more. See
how much you know about Egypt by talking this brain twister….
Click on all five painting and answer the
questions on a separate piece of paper
Once you answered these
Did you ever wish that you could write in Hieroglyphics well
questions please get with a
now is your chance…..Click on the link
fellow mummy & play the
and find out how to write your name
please also write the names of three
other mummies in your class…….
Well now we need to find out about important Gods
List important Gods three
Now it’s time to find out of much you have learned
in your exciting Adventure
Use the links given above to answer the following questions
1.________ was a very popular drink in ancient Egypt. It was kept in large pottery jugs and served
2. True or False - Many different types of fish lived in the Nile River. Some ancient Egyptians ate
fish. However, others did not because they thought certain kinds of fish were sacred.
3. Horus- was a god of the sky. He is probably most well-known as the protector of the ruler of
Egypt. What was on his head attire?
a. a duck
b. a snake
c. a hawk
d. a monkey
4. Osiris was the god of_________ Osiris was the brother/husband of_____, and the brother of
______and Seth. He was also the father of____________.
5. Today the population of Egypt’s is________________??
6. What 2 sea’s surround Egypt________________________???
7. True or False-Hieroglyphics were a form of writing used by the ancient Mayans as well as the
8. The ______Stone was the key to discovering what the hieroglyphics said.
9. Who were buried in the tombs and how were they buried?? Be specific and use examples??
10. Name three pyramids in Giza
Short Answer……Write 2-3 paragraphs on the History of
Giza make sure you included where it is located and why is
it important……Follow the link below good luck