Business Analysis Body of
The BABOK® is the collection of knowledge within the profession of
Business Analysis and reflects current generally accepted practices. BABOK®
Version 1.6 is available on the IIBA® website at www.theiiba.org.
BABOK® Version 2.0 is scheduled for release in early 2009.(BABOK®)
Business Analysis Body of Knowledge®
Requirements Planning and Management
Analysis Requirements Solution
Analysis and Assessment
Documentation and Validation
Join IIBA® Today!
Take your career to the next level by joining the leading international
organization for business analysis professionals.
• Participate in shaping the profession of business analysis
• Help IIBA® in its goal of making your field globally recognized
• Learn and share best practices identified by organizations around
• Help to develop and advance professional and knowledge standards
• Network with business analysis professionals representing both
public and private organizations
To learn more about IIBA® or to become a member,
please visit www.theiiba.org, email email@example.com
or contact your local chapter for more information.
Join the leading international organization
2/2009 for business analysis professionals. www.theiiba.org
IIBA® has over 7,600 members from more than 40 countries worldwide, with
over 80 chapters globally. IIBA® members benefit from:
About International Institute of • Networking opportunities with fellow business analysis professionals
Business Analysis (IIBA®) • Access to valuable online forums for sharing your expertise, expressing
IIBA® was formed in October 2003 and is the independent non-profit your professional opinion and building a reputation within the industry
professional association serving the growing field of business analysis. If you
• Opportunity to influence and contribute to the business analysis
are responsible for requirements management, systems analysis, business
analysis, requirements analysis, project management or consulting, or if you
are involved in analysis for systems, business or process improvements, IIBA® • Free access to monthly professional development webinars
can help you perform your job better. • Access to the BABOK® Version 1.6 and free access to the BABOK® Version
2.0 when available (early 2009)
The IIBA® Commitment
• Discounted fee for the CBAP® exam
International Institute of Business Analysis is committed to defining the
business analysis profession by providing certification and accreditation
Certified Business Analysis
to its members, unifying its practitioners and creating a voice for the Professional™ (CBAP®)
IIBA® has created the CBAP® designation, awarded to candidates who
have successfully demonstrated their expertise in this field. This is done by
The IIBA® Operational Vision
detailing hands-on work experience in business analysis through the CBAP®
IIBA® will keep its commitment by:
application process, and passing the CBAP® examination which is based on
• Creating awareness and recognition of the value and contribution of the BABOK®.
the role of the business analysis professional
IIBA® has introduced computer-based testing (CBT) of the CBAP® exam. For
• Identifying the required skills and competencies of qualified business more information and a list of exam locations, visit www.theiiba.org.
analysts and defining the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®)
• Defining professional development and training standards
IIBA® chapters advance the mission and objectives of the organization by
• Creating and administering a professional exam
promoting professional standards and practices at the local level. Ongoing
• Publicly recognizing those who have successfully passed this exam professional development is a key benefit of your IIBA® membership and is
through the designation Certified Business Analysis Professional™ supported at the chapter level through activities, meetings, and educational
• Building the image and identity of IIBA® as the recognized professional IIBA® currently has over 80 certified chapters globally, with 70 chapters
association for business analysis professionals in the start-up phase. To view a complete list of IIBA® chapters worldwide,
IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK® and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
CBAP® is a registered certification mark owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
www.theiiba.org G firstname.lastname@example.org Certified Business Analysis Professional is a trademark owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.