What is the IB MYP Program?
• In June 2006, we were • Designed to Provide a
authorized as an framework of academic
International challenges and life skills
Baccalaureate (IB) for capable and
World School. motivated students who
seek a rigorous
• The MYP stands for educational experience
Middle Year Program. It – Incorporates the
is a 5 yr program where Areas of Interaction
the first 3 yrs are • -Approaches to Learning
completed at Martin and • -Environment
• -Human Ingenuity
the final 2 are
• -Community Service
completed at Valley • -Health and Social
High School. Education
Who is Mrs. Brinkerhoff?
• Wife and mother of four children
• Grandmother of four girls and two boys.
• Originally from Cedar City, Utah
• Graduated from UNLV with a
– Bachelor in Elementary Education
– Master in Education
• Currently with CTE certificate
1. Be in seat and ready when the bell rings.
2. Be PREPARED. Bring pen, notebook,
3. Be Respectful towards others.
4. Follow all school rules. Ex). No gum, or
nuisance items in classroom.
• You have the right to learn
• Mrs. Brinkerhoff has the right to teach
• NO ONE has the right to take away from
Students In Class
• 1st- Classroom Intervention
(Warning/Conference with Student, Detention)
• 2nd- Team Intervention (Phone Calls, Detentions)
• 3rd- Referral to Counselor
• 4th- Parent-Teacher Conference
• 5th- Referral to Administration
• Agendas will be checked throughout the year.
• Students should have an EQ & HW written for
Computers, Math, Science, History, Reading, &
English for everyday the class meets.
-1st Quarter- Every week -3rd Quarter- Every 3
-2nd Quarter- Every 2 weeks -4th Quarter- Every 4
• It is the student’s responsibility to get their
missing work when they return from an
• Any missing work will be in the file cabinets by
the door. Each assignment has it’s own folder.
• Students have 3 days after their absence to
turn the work in for full credit.
Late Work Policy
• The Late Work policy is in effect for all
classes on this team.
• The 1st week after a due date there will be a
• After the 1st week there will be a 50%
• Prior to the end of each quarter there will be a
deadline for all missing work.
• Mrs. Brinkerhoff’s Info Spot-
Assignments & Calendars
• Quia- Online Quiz Center
• BrainPop-Online Movies and Review
• Parent Link is updated every MONDAY.
• Go through Roy Martin Homepage.
• User ID= Student Number
• Password= Random numbers given by the company
• Passwords should have been mailed home, if you did
not receive one call the Main Office.